Sign in to follow this  
T-Man.Ink

Disks Not Compatible with Standalone Toshiba SD-5000 DVD/Div

Hi All,

I just wanted to post what is either a bug with CDBurnerXP 4.0.22.370 or my Toshiba SD-5000 DVD/DivX player

Originally I thought this was an issue with the media I was using. As all disks that failed to play in my Toshiba SD-5000 did play fine in both my LG LDA-530 and my LG LDA-831 DVD/DivX players.

But the same media was used with a different DVD writing package (commonly distributed with new DVD Writers)

and the resulting DVD with DivX/XVid encoded AVI files played without issue. NOTE: the actual DVD writer was the same.

This leads me to believe that the issue is software related.

As I imagine many people are using various standalone DVD/DivX players compatibility with them is somewhat important. But since most of my DVD/DivX players can read the disks without issue I can't say that it is a critical bug.

The Pioneer DV-400V-K may also have issues....but I was not in possession of that model long enough to troubleshoot it.....I returned it immediately and got the LG LDA-831 mentioned earlier.

Regards,

T-Man