Sign in to follow this  
johnd164

Formating with the Alpha version.

Have tried your new Alpha version to day and have found a major problem to me anyway. I placed a CDRW in my ASus CDRW writer and did a Quick format and according to the new Alpha version it formated OK,however, when i placed the CD back into the drive it took an age to load the disk ! also the Alpha program crashed and will not read the disk at all,it even wont read the disk when using 3.0.116. I think the CDRW disk has been made useless.

This is not a compliant.

Just informing you what I have found with the Alpha. I have reverted back to version 3.0.116 until the final version comes out.

Yes the disk is fine not scratches I tried the disk in my DVD drive and an error message saying .

Windows cannot read from this disk. This might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.

Can you still erase it using ver. 3.0.116? If so, does that improve the situation?

No that was not possible,however,I re-installed the Alpha version and I decided not to let CDXP Pro associate files with it and then did a full format of another disk and that worked fine, I then did a quick format of another disk that could only be read by ISO reader and that worked fine. Both disks accepted writing to and both was readable.

So maybe it was just a bad disk after all.

No that was not possible,however,I re-installed the Alpha version and I decided not to let CDXP Pro associate files with it and then did a full format of another disk and that worked fine, I then did a quick format of another disk that could only be read by ISO reader and that worked fine. Both disks accepted writing to and both was readable.

So maybe it was just a bad disk after all.

I hope so :)

Anyway, the problem can't be the "associate files" option, because this is not related to burning or erasing in any way.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.