CD Burner XP 4 silent install and startup language

Guest Corbendallas

Guest Corbendallas

After been looking around a bit for silent install information I see that this forum is not very up to date.

So I'll share my findings and ask a new question

So, to install the software silently all you have to do is run the setup.exe with the switch /silent. It will install a full install. I think the switch /verysilent will work as well.

Now, if you want to modify the install in anyway you can "record" your installation by running the setup with the switch "/SAVEINF=default.cfg". The default.cfg-file will be created in "c:\windows". Then you run your installation with this file with the switches: "cdbxp_setup_4.0.015.277.exe" /VERYSILENT /LOADINF="default.cfg"

Now to my question. With CDBurnerXP 4.0.0.22.370 you get a popup when you start the software the first time. It asks for what language you want. I don't want this. How can I get rid of it?

• 4 months later...

is there no way to change the startup language by script / registry key or something else??

gibts wirklich keine möglichkeit, die sprache beim start per script oder registry key oder sonstwie festzulegen?

greets / grüße,

thomas

• 3 weeks later...
Guest p4ntb0y

Yes you can do a silent install and distro this by SMS if you wish...

Yes cdbxp_setup_4.0.015.277.exe" /VERYSILENT /SAVEINF="default.cfg" will work this outputs to where you are on the cmd line or just say where you want it to go ie..

cdbxp_setup_4.0.015.277.exe" /VERYSILENT /SAVEINF="c:\default.cfg"

The silent install would be..

script starts here

start /wait cdbxp_setup_4.0.015.277.exe" /VERYSILENT /LOADINF="default.cfg"

you will need to go into C:\docs and settings\%username%\appdata\CDBurnerXP\version number\user.config something like that

This is where the user config is held.

Its only per user install ie not %all users% best thing to do would be to recapture this into a MSI with an advertized shortcut with active setup to create the config file if missing for the HKCU.

• 3 months later...
Guest dijuremo

This seems to work fine, however, I am running the cdburnerxp install before installing all the dotnet crap. I would like to keep it that way. The /VERYSILENT switch does not take care of the installation telling me that I need .NET and a window pops up asking me if I want to go ahead and download it.

I think that if you are doing an install with /VERYSILENT, then the .NET warning should *not* be there. Otherwise, another switch should be added to omit the .NET prompt. That way, the installation can be done before all the .NET crap gets installed in the machine on a fully unattended installation.

• 1 month later...

im not too experience either but maybe something like this could work if you stuck it before the last end; statement of the FrameworkInstalled() function?

Result2 := MsgBox('You have chosen not to download the Microsoft Dotnet Framework. Install anyway?',mbConfirmation, MB_YESNO) = idYes;

if Result2 then

begin

Result := true;

end

else

begin

Result := false;

end;

i guess you need to shove another variable in there for Result2. and im not sure how the strings work in this script either. those weird 'cm:' things.

in the FrameworkInstalled function there is an if statement that checks the framework installed. if it is, the FrameworkInstalled() function returns the booleon value true, if its not it will return false and ask you to follow a link.

depending on what the FrameworkInstalled function returns the InitializeSetup function will either proceed with the installation or return false (stop the installation).

So by adding the above if statement at the end of the FrameworkInstalled function it throws up a message box with yes/no options which will directly set the functions resulting boolean value, effectively giving the user an opportunity to return true (or false) for the FrameworkInstalled function allowing the installation to continue (or end).

up to you ultimately tho and perhaps it'd just cause more people having problems.