Sign in to follow this  
charlie1939

CDBurnerXP is my lifesaver!!! Thank you Stefan, Fredrik and

I just finished a day of extreme frustration.

I have a copy of Nero 5. ..., which came with one of my DVD/CD drives. It worked for a while, but for the last few months it would NOT recognize my Lite-On SHW-160P6S drive. It could only find an "Image Recorder" , a virtual device, when I tried to choose the destination for the files to be written. It would not recognize my Lite-On double side DVD writer.

After uninstalling and reinstalling Nero a couple of times, running the Nero 5-General Cleaner twice (to clean out the last traces of Nero) and reinstalling the software yet again, I was where I started this morning...nowhere. I even pulled the Lite-On drive and replaced it with a older Benq DVD writer with no success, Nero would not recognize that one either.

I finally gave up on Nero, after wasting most of a day and then looked on Google for a freeware CD/DVD burning software. I found CDBurnerXP. I checked to try to make sure it was not some sort of rogue software and then downloaded it with low expectations for success. Finally, after downloading and installing CDBurnerXP, I opened the program, dragged my file to burn in a format just like Nero's and hit the "Burn" button. Wonder of wonders, it worked and I had my CD with the data saved for the printer.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Stefan, Fredrik and Flo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie