Please make it possible to turn off the automatic sorting when you drag files to the compilation field.

It is a waste of time having to establish folders to keep the different files in the order you yourself want them to appear on the cd.

Files and folders have no order on the disc. And I don't see for what they would be useful anyway.

Well, except when you want to use the CD for a slide show ! In that case you would certainly want to determine the file order yourself - and what if you want to have music files dragged from various sources and played in a special order ?? CDs are used for a lot more than just simple backup.

So all I need is an option to turn off the sorting function .

No, files and audio discs are something different. If you need your images sorted for a slideshow, the slideshow program needs an option to view files by date/alphabethical order/size/etc. and *not* our burning program.

No, files and audio discs are something different. If you need your images sorted for a slideshow, the slideshow program needs an option to view files by date/alphabethical order/size/etc. and *not* our burning program.

OK, so then I shall uninstall the CDBurnerXP and return to good old Nero Burning Rom, the program which at least handles this for me. From my point of view the CDBurnerXP is up to now an incomplete copy of the Nero Burning Rom.

• 4 months later...
Guest martin421

I tried CDBurnerXP and thought I finally had the burner I was looking for. But I went nuts trying to re-order the mp3 files I was burning -- as a data CD. I also tried them as an audi CD with the same problem.

The fact that the software re-orders songs after you drag and drop makes it extremely frustrating, and impossible to use.

And then when it burned, it re-ordered the songs again; I only found out when I played the disc.

Is there a way to order the songs (or the data) and keep them like that? Please tell me there is. You can do this on almost every other CD burner that I've used.

It doesn't make sense for software this useful to have such a terrible bug.

If you burn an AUDIO disc (= NOT a data disc), CDBurnerXP will keep the order you specify...obviously. If you burn a data CD, it does not. And this is to be expected, because you can't define the order for data. The sorting must be done by the playing device (= your MP3 player) and NOT by the software which burns the files. In fact, the playing device can order your files any way it likes, be it sorted by file size desc. or sorted by creation date or artist or title or whatever you can think of.

• 1 year later...
Guest FoolishHuman

I cant believe that you cant order the files on a data disk, since I WAS using this program to create DVD's where I had episodes in order for viewing on a standard none too smart DVD player.

Flo, stop telling me the order doesnt matter, I am a user, you are a developer, so develop functionality that your users want or watch them go use something else!

• 1 year later...
Guest cannopa

This is still an issue.

I'm trying to create an audio CD where I need the music in a certain order. I had labeled the file names on the HD to start with their track number but when I drag them into the compilation CDBXP reorders them, based on the imbeded music title ( I guess?). Never mind; I painstakingly dragged them back into the order I wanted, my file name numbers no longer visible either, and saved the compilation to an axp file while I do something else.

Loading up the axp file again I find CDBXP has reordered them AGAIN ! Grrr

I appreciate there was no charge for this application and up until now it's been great - but for this purpose it's really frustrating.

Audio files should not be sorted, unless you sort the columns (click on a column header to sort, click on the track # column header to "unsort"). Maybe you clicked it accidentially, please check that.