GKnight

disc label limited to 16 chars?

Just installed BurnerXP, and so far it does everything I need, without the bloat of commercial burner software!

However, I'm a little confused by the limitation in the disc label field. To my knowledge, UDF allows 32-character disc labels (at least), other programs such as Roxio and BurnImg allow creating long labels. Being a long time Roxio user, I'm accustomed to creating descriptive disc labels. But unless I'm missing something, I can only type in 16 characters in the label field in BurnerXP. Why such limitation? Is this a bug or is this intentional?

I have similar question: what's the limitation of string length for disc labels in UDF? It's 16 characters.

CDBurnerXP should limit ability of user to add more characters than it is allowed by either ISO 9660/Joliet or UDF specification, because currently you can add as much characters as you want and this confuses users when disc name is cut-off.

Same goes for the "Application" and "Publisher" fields.

I'll add this request to the CDBurnerXP's  Uservoice page.