Sign in to follow this  
BleuMarin2

[R] Larger font please

Hello,

I am getting older and fonts seem to become smaller every day !!! LOL LOL LOL.

I am now on Vista with resolution 1280 x 768 and the actual font on CDBXP is really getting very small.

It would be nice to have the feature for changing to a larger font in CDBXP.

Thanks, BleuMarin2

PS: CDBXP is BY FAR the BEST burning software I ever used. I would like to have all my utility software written by you. For instance: File manager with dual pan and all the good stuff.

I'd like to echo this request. The CDBurnerXP font is so small that I almost have to touch my nose against the screen. It would be great to be able to specify the actual font size and bold vs. non-bold, but I'd settle for a Microsoft-like small-medium-large-huge option if that's easier to implement. Thanks!

Phillip

Changing the system font size requires a reboot of the computer; there is no way to specify a different system font size for each application. If I set the system font size so that fonts are readable with CDBurnerXP, then the fonts will be absurdly large for 98 percent of the other applications that I use. So, this proposal is an absolute non-starter.

Phillip

--

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

Changing the system font size requires a reboot of the computer; there is no way to specify a different system font size for each application. If I set the system font size so that fonts are readable with CDBurnerXP, then the fonts will be absurdly large for 98 percent of the other applications that I use. So, this proposal is an absolute non-starter.
What are your DPI settings? You write that the font size in most other applications is okay. Since many applications use the system font, too, I guess you've customized the DPI system settings and CDBurnerXP ignores these customizations.

Ah! My DPI setting is 140 percent of normal= 134 dpi. I suspect that you are right that the root of the problem is that CDBurnerXP ignores the DPI setting. My only alternative would be to reduce the screen resolution.

I don't think that CDBurnerXP "ignores" it. Actually, it uses the default settings (except for two dialogs maybe) and is (thus) set to "scale dialogs according to the font size".

I did the following quick experiment: I lied to Windows, telling it that my screen resolution is 191 dots per inch (200 percent of normal). After the required reboot, CDBurnerXP fonts looked about the right size, but everything else was much too large. So, you are right about CDBurnerXP not ignoring the Windows DPI setting, but there is clearly something wrong. When my DPI setting matches the actual resolution of my screen, the fonts that I see on the desktop and with other applications (MS Office, Firefox, ...) are fine, but CDBurnerXP fonts are much smaller.

Phillip

I don't see anything wrong. The font size increases, and I don't know what else could be "too large". I'd recommend screenshots to explain your issues.

Your request for a screenshot is fair enough, but someone will have to grant me permission to post an attachment. [From the FAQ: Attachment permissions are granted on a per forum, per group, or per user basis. The board administrator may not have allowed attachments to be added for the specific forum you are posting in, or perhaps only certain groups can post attachments. Contact the board administrator if you are unsure about why you are unable to add attachments.]

Just going through older requests: Is the font size still an issue? A quick check on Win7 so far indicates that all fonts are scaled properly when increasing the DPI value.