Sign in to follow this  
Guest JLJ

[X] CDBXP 4.2.7.1801 freezes on load w/ "Audio" chosen

Guest JLJ

XP Home fully updated, CDBXP 1.2.7.1801, two CD/DVDRW drives, both confirmed working normally (both worked the last time I used CDBXP, earlier version 1.2.7.??, approx two months ago).

For an unknown reason CDBXP will not load if I select "Audio Disc" from the initial options menu. ALL other selections load normally, but "Audio" freezes with an incomplete/blank application window. I have to kill CDBXP to proceed in any way.

No clues as to possible cause; any hints appreciated. THX JLJ

Guest JLJ

I'm not certain this is the correct file, but I loaded CDBXP with logging enabled (having selected "Data" as project type) and, after the "Audio" project freeze, found a file named STARWAVE.LOG -- anyone know if this is the correct file? In case so, the contents of the file are repetitions of this identical line:

StarWave_CoInitialize(): CoInitialize( NULL ) failed, status -2147417850 ( 0x80010106 )

Does that afford a clue? THX JLJ

Guest Jonedwa

Same here - I uninstalled, installed the new version, and it worked once. Now it just sits and spins after I select Audio and hit OK. Haven't tried logging.

Guest wales

I too have the same problem with this version. I cannot open cd burner to burn an audio cd. The program will not open, I have to use ctrl alt delete to close it. I use Winows xp pro.

CDBurner worked ok with earlier versions.

No problem with other formats, but without audio, I have had to install another program to do this job.

I do have the same problem. earlier version were fine. would be good to have a quick solution otherwise I've to change the program - but was sooo satisfied until now!

Guest Jonedwa

Yes, it freezes forever. i tried a new install and renamed the Canneverbe_limited folder. it made a new one, but then froze. Windows 7 is unable to force it to close, process manager can't end the process, and I cannot logoff or shut down. Ultimately I have to reset or power off manually.

Guest w1zard

I'm having the freezing issue too - this a new install on a fresh build of Windows 7.

Clicking copy disc->audio freezes the app

Clicking create->audio disc also freezes the app

I've never had issues with CDBurnerXP before so assume this is a new bug that has been introduced?

Hopefully it can be fixed!

Guest w1zard

Just to update - this is definitely a bug introduced in the latest version.

I have just installed 'cdbxp_setup_4.2.1.976.exe ' over the top of my non-working latest install, and all the broken Audio CD bits now work fine.

Hopefully this will help you track down the bug causing this issue.

As a side, is the 'old versions' link kept up-to-date? 4.2.1 seems very old compared to the 4.2.7 version I had - especially as the file date is more than a year ago.

I had the same issue - updated my XP Pro SP3 with

"Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package in Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0"

and probelm solved.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011

Also - if you check "install updates automatically" in a late version then try to overwite with an earlier version (one without this option) - the original option is maintained and the new version is reinstalled the next cold start. (ie the next time the program is started after the install)

Outstanding program and thanks to those that created and maintain it.

MAT

Guest JLJ

BBCMAT: did you install the file named "IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe" from the link you provided, or a different file? Just want to make sure I try the right one for my XP Home SP3 setup -

Thanks.

Guest JLJ
BBCMAT: did you install the file named "IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe" from the link you provided, or a different file? Just want to make sure I try the right one for my XP Home SP3 setup -

Thanks.

Sorry, hit SUBMIT before I was finished -- I installed the update above, but it did NOT solve the freeze problem with CDBXP 4.2.7.1849 -- reinstalling 4.2.3.1062 over the later version seems to have allowed the app to at least load correctly when AUDIO is the chosen project type. THX JLJ

Guest Jonedwa

I'm using 4.2.5.1541 on a clean Windows 7 64-bit install. I had problems with later versions, but have not incrementally moved up the line to find the last viable one. I was locked up so hard even the task manager could not stop the program. I had to actually power down the computer manually to get things back to normal. I'm not real excited about trying to experiment with higher versions.

Hi all,

I opened the earlier topic, 'Versions newer than 4.2.5.1541 hang "not responding"' (Oct. 21, 2009)--discussion has been directed here.

Some personal experience today RE: Flo's comment this morning on the present forum topic:

The reason why CDBXP hangs (on my machine, at least) is the MagicJack Internet phone device & software. When MJ is running, my Dell Vostro 220 w/ Vista Home Basic SP1 sees its "Properties" as two different devices: a HardDisk USB device AND a CD-ROM USB device. With the latest version 4.2.7.1878 installed, disconnecting the MagicJack allows a hung CDBXP to continue on just fine--or for MS Process Explorer (Task Manager)to finish killing the program if that's what you attempted to do. If MJ is not connected, the latest version of CDBXP works correctly (as far as I have checked it).

I should mention that the older version 4.2.5.1541 does not have this problem w/ MagicJack.

Thanks again for a really nice program!

Dave

Greetings,

I just downloaded & installed the 4.2.7.1889 version. Unfortunately, the "Audio Disc" & "Burn ISO" selections in the opening menu panel still hang (no response) for as long as MagicJack (HD USB & CD-ROM USB) is physically connected.

Once Vista beeps that it has detected the physical disconnection of MJ, CDBXP then snaps into action correctly, and the appropriate BURN ISO or AUDIO DISC panel appears.

Hope this info is helpful.

Cheers,

Dave

OK, then maybe the easiest way to get a solution for that is that you try StarBurn as well: http://www.rocketdivision.com/download_starburn.html

If this app suffers the same problem, you can post a support request to their forum and then they'll probably come up with a fix. Otherwise I'll have to equip you with a debug DLL and you'd have to send me a log file.

Hi,

I tried CDBXP 4.2.7.1889 & the newest release 4.2.7.1893, with the same result: "not responding" until MJ is disconnected from USB & Vista recognizes it (beeps).

As a point of information, the MJ is reported as: "Tiger Jet CD-ROM, V.2.0".

However--this"MagicJack freeze" because / while scanning for Disc Readers / Burners does not happen only to CDBXP:

Programs I've found to hang by a USB-connected MJ:

--------------------------------------------------------------

CDXBXP versions since 4.2.5.1541

Starburn latest version v12r10

Active@ISO Burner (LSoft Technologies, http://www.disk-image.net)

NERO InfoTool (Disc Burner & Disc Reader information program), v.5.3.3.0

A question which comes to my mind is:

Was there a process, behavior, or action being done--or NOT being done--in CDBXP version 4.2.5.1541, that is different from what the programs above do--in that this version does NOT hang?

Hope the above info is helpful.

Cheers,

Dave

Guest Full Frontal Yeti

Well i had this same issue.

Then the 3rd time i tried to start the program I had to walk away from the system for 3-4 min.

When i cam back it had moved onto the next CD audio burning phase.

I dropped some mp3 tracks into the program.

Hit the burn button, and waited for the conversion to CDA format.

then it froze the same way when it was done with conversion but before it opened the next window.

Waited 3-4 min and it moved on, after showing "Not responding" in it's window title bar.

It then offered me the last burn options window and burned the audio CD with no more issues.

very odd.

Win7 Pro 64 bit.

Guest blz

CDBurnerXP v. 4.38 also hangs if Magicjack is active. I recovered from the hang by unplugging the Magichjack. Thanks to bilbo50 for your help!