so is it better than nero?

inspired by this thread on here http://digg.com/software/CD_DVD_Burning ... d_its_FREE

Hi guys,

I am not a techy kind of guy, so please bear with me.

I have been using nero for a while, I don't even know which version probably 6 or something like that, never had any problem with it.

Unfortunately my pc crashed/crushed?, and bought a new one, no complain so far.

I used nero only for burning Divx movies, I was tought how to do it by a friend.

So basically I downloaded movies and burned them into DVD RW and subsequently deleted the file, so no back up, I hate to leave stuff in my pc.

I also remember how to delete the contents of a burned DVDrw so that I could reburn it.

Here are the questions.

Since there are many new versions which version do you reccomed for me to install?

I have been using nero as i explained above, is it worth to actually buy it, or is there any similar software which can be installed for free?

Also since I am not good with complicated terms, I need to understand how to make copies.

For example I have already few DVD rw Burned in divx format (if that is the right way to say it), if I wanted to copy them to a blank dvdrw what are the steps?

Be kind with me, what ever you think is a simple term to you, probably is not to me,

Basically when i insert the dvdrw with the divx movie in it into the pc, what is next? if I don't understand the pc terminology I will ask again.

If my English expression are somehow uncomprehensible, I apologize.

If you don't understand please ask me, I will try my best to clarify it

Cheers

Guest Electron

In answer to your original question, NO, it isn't better than Nero. But, you get what you pay for! It IS a great piece of freeware though.

In answer to your original question, NO, it isn't better than Nero. But, you get what you pay for! It IS a great piece of freeware though.

wtf have you lost your mind??

last time i installed nero it put about 1gb on my hd cause it had a lot of crap i wasnt going to use! i think it depends on what your idea of "better" is..

i believe cdburnerXP is the best in what it does. plain and simple. no bloatware, no crapware no adware..

Guest fl0

wtf have you lost your mind??

last time i installed nero it put about 1gb on my hd cause it had a lot of crap i wasnt going to use!

And you're talking about people losing their mind? You moron.

• 3 weeks later...

No it's not better than Nero but it's 80 bucks cheaper! :D

It works fine for folks like myself that just want to burn a few things. Actually for my purposes it's just as good as nero.

Guest sys_admin

NO it is not better than NERO!! It has many issues ,compatability its the mayor one; but is FREE. Dependinng of what you neet this program for but if you want to get something complete with NO COMPATABILITY ISSUES get NERO... I will ; i'm just got tired of been trouble, it is worth the price.

Just one last suggestion if you decide to pay for NERO just go ahead and get the program, do not install the trial version and then go back to use another stuff! the NERO's remaining componets will cause a lot of problems (even if you use their NERO UNINSTALL TOOL) with all your video, if you choose to uninstall it .

In my opinion the issue is not if it's better than nero, or not. For what you said you were using nero, this program is more than enough, (burn movies and erase DVDRW). I recommend you to try it and if you start having problems or you miss functionality, maybe you should go for nero. But it's definitely worth to try it, like they said, it's free!!

Just one last suggestion if you decide to pay for NERO just go ahead and get the program, do not install the trial version and then go back to use another stuff! the NERO's remaining componets will cause a lot of problems (even if you use their NERO UNINSTALL TOOL) with all your video, if you choose to uninstall it .

on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:20 pm

In my opinion the issue is not if it's better than nero, or not. For what you said you were using nero, this program is more than enough, (burn movies and erase DVDRW). I recommend you to try it and if you start having problems or you miss functionality, maybe you should go for nero. But it's definitely worth to try it, like they said, it's free!!maillo

===============================================================================

I agree with both sound opinions which define the question into a practical issue. The first quoted is absolutely true and the second =by maillo= is the best thing to do specially if you are new at it.