Sign in to follow this  
zektor

Burning Error 102

I am running windows XP Home and CD Burner version 2.2.0. I made one data disk and now every time I try to burn the second one I get an Error that says "Error 102" and my disc will not eject. I tried re-booting and I got the disc out then tried to burn again and got the same result. HELP!!!

I would just forget it man. While it looks like a nice piece of freeware software, I have encountered this same error as many others in this forum have. What does it mean? Who knows. Can we get a reply? It certainly does not seem like it. Oh well, back to Nero..

We hope to solve this in the next release, we have added five additional settings when writing a audio or data disc. This settings are for compability with older recorders, and you have to use the trial and error for testing this new settings. I suggest trying this with a CD-RW disc. We really hope this will solve some of the 102 errors.

Stefan, thanks for the response. It helps to know you are working on this problem. Do you have and estimated time frame for the next release. I really do like your program.

No, but hopefully within one week it's hard for us to tell, when one of us is working full time and one is a student so the development depends on the time that is left after school and work. But we really hope that we will solve this problem with the next release.

With the new release the problem is gone!!![:)] I do however still have lines in the toolbar of one of my laptop running Windows 98seII. I don't have the lines on my PC running XP home.

I am using version 2.2.1, and still experiencing the problem intermittantly - 1 good burn , 1 not, 1 good burn, 2 not, etc. Have run on Win2k SP4 and WinXP. Disk automatically ejects with "Error: -102" error.

Maybe good news, we're just in the test phase of the next release and on that computer that we had the problem with 102-error now it seems that the problem is gone. Expect a few days before the next release, still some testing left...

Good News! I installed version 2.2.2 and the problem seems to be gone. Also the problem with the lines in the toolbar is definately gone!

Good News! I installed version 2.2.2 and the problem seems to be gone. Also the problem with the lines in the toolbar is definately gone!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.