Sign in to follow this  
apr

[C] Copy audio CD problem

The "Copy audio CD ..." option does not work (!)

The first part of the operation - "Successfully extracted audio image" - is okay, but "Started burning the extracted image to disc" hangs. The progrm just sits at 50% complete. Hitting the cancel button gets an "Aborting burning process" message, but does not stop the operation. The CDburnerXP application disappears from XP task manager’s applications but a cdbxpp.exe process is still running. Ending this process stops the program.

And most annoyingly, the target CD is trashed.

I have tried it with and without "Use buffer protection" and get the same result

Not a bug but a related issue, I tried using a track by track copy as a work around but in some cases the ripped tracks will not fit on to the target CD (!). Is there a fix for this as well?

I second this - it starts recording the iso image well, then starting to burn - but the burner wont start. Process needs to be killed via taskmanager, cant be terminated the usual ways. As I recently dumped nero and all sort of commercial software I strongly need a good burning program, please someone look into this. Im using WinXP Pro, Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173S.

Edit: Forgot to mention I´m using latest CDBurnerXP, version 4.0.022.370 - german translation, forgive my bad english :)

PS: My cds dont get written onto, they are NOT trashed!

I'm still having the same problem with 4.1.1.660.

I didn't have this problem until a month or two ago.

Then, Audio CD copy started hanging up as described above.

I uninstalled 4.0.022.370, then installed 4.0.024.439 - still same problem. Now happening with 4.1.1.660 as well.

My CD-Rs aren't written onto, either (they are NOT trashed).

I also cannot stop or end program except by killing the process in Windows Task Manager

Audio CD copy DOES work if the burner is also used as the source. But burning is much slower than before. (20+ minutes, vs 3 minutes before).

Question: When copy hangs up before burning, is there an image file somewhere on HDD that I could burn from?

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.