Sign in to follow this  
Chris N

Won't run in Vista!

Dear All / Anyone!

I have a licenced copy of Vista Home Premium. I have tried running CDBurnerXP and it refuses to start after the initial interface appears. Compatability is set for 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' and to 'Run this program as an administrator'. The Data Execution Prevention setting has added CDBUrnerXP to its exclusion list.

When the programme is started the Slect New Project window appears. An error message then appears:CDBurnerXP has stopped working'. The programme then shuts down.

Interestingly, on another Vista machine (in the same network) CDBurnerXP runs perfectly!

Would ANYONE out there have ANY ideas about how to get the programme to work on the first machine, please? (This machine is quad core, 4 gbRAM PC). The programme is installed on a second hard drive (as a slave). Could this be the problem. No other programmes seem to be a problem!

Please help!

Thanks

Chris.

Guest Markus

I'm not sure if this helps, (seeing as I am only now installing the program in Vista myself), but many software errors have been attributed to not just needing to run the program as an admin , but having to right click the program and run as an admin for the installation.

seems many disk accessing programs dont like the u3 stuff in order for me to run my dvr on my computer i have to unplug my u3 4gig usb drive

now my kingston 1 gig dosnt have this problem lol i have tried removing the u3 software from the usb drive and it helps some i think it has something to do with the registry hack it runs

Have just read replies - and have pulled out my Memorex USB drive - which has U3 - and guess what? CDB'erXP WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction!

Chris.

Guest IT_Mechanic

It has ran fine in Vista for me from day one. I install and run it normally and everything is fine.