Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moogie

How to burn an .iso file to a bootable CD

Guest Moogie

I love this burner but I ran into a problem. Well it is a problem for me. There seems to be no way to burn a .ISO -file to a bootable CD.

'Data disc' has the option to burn a bootable disc, but not to burn a .iso file (only as data)

'Burn iso disc' has no option to burn it as a bootable disc.

I guess the only way will be to extract the .iso-file and go the 'data disc'-route. There is a risk of missing hidden files in the ISO-file that can not easily be extracted (you have to know it is there and it will be easily missed).

Is there a more direct way to do this or is this option missing?

You can make your own bootable CDs using boot image files created by MagicISO. Most CD-recording programs have a boot from image option, which allows you to specify a boot image. To create a bootable CD, you need to make an image of a bootable disk, save it in bif format, and add it to the ISO files for making a bootable ISO file in MagicISO.