Sign in to follow this  

Freeze Problem

I've just installed CDBurnerXP and burnt three audio cd's. While the cd's burnt fine, I'm having other problems. During the burning process, there are some applications I can't use anymore ... they won't open. For example, I tried to open Excel several times but it never did. I can't open firefox either. I've also noticed that I cannot access web pages anymore; I keep getting "web pages not available" when it was working fine just before I started the burning process. Then, CDBurnerXP gets stuck when it reaches 100% and says "writing lead-out". My whole pc freezes and I am forced to reboot it.

Has anyone else reported similar problems?

I'm using a Dell Latitude D630 laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 3 with a TSSTcorp DVD+RW drive and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

I have a similar problem except that it never gets beyond preparing to burn, hence freezes the computer almost completely until I force a reboot.

Guest John_hates_dell

I have the exact same problem on a Dell Inspiron 530 with an Optiarc AD-7200S drive. The OS is Windows 2008 Server R2 x64. Has anyone figured this problem out? I tried updating the drives firmware but that didn't help.

Best regards,

John