Sign in to follow this  
fnukyguy

4.0.024.439 very high cpu usage

installed 4.0.024.439 today, experiencing very high cpu usage when burning a DVD. (over 80% )

reinstalled 4.0.022.370, everything is back to normal (using around 10-20%). Every 4.x version before 4.0.022.370 had the same problem.

I have also noticed very high CPU usage (more than 90%) when burning a CD or a DVD (tried both) with CDBXP 4.0.024.439. However, a bigger problem is that sometimes the burning takes much more time than expected. I downgraded to CDBXP 4.0.024.430 and the high CPU usage disappeared (it was under 15%) but burning a 200 MB ISO to a CD at 40X took 6.30 minutes, which is very long. This long time is due to the fact that the process of burning semmes to freeze from time to time, as indicated by the animated icon which freezes regularly.

I have XP SP2 and .NET 3.5.

Hi all. i'n new with CDBurnerXP but i'm the same CPU problem with this release (4.0.024.439). the sotware is imposisble to use because the CPU goes to close 100% during the burning process.

Please, this problem is known and will be released a new version soon? othervise, where i can find the old release (4.0.022.370) that seems to not have this problem?

best regards, and continue with this (near) perfect software! :lol:

Hi!

Whit the release 4.0.022.370 the 100% cpu bug was successfully solved..now i'm using that version!

But, with the last release 4.0.024.439, the issue is coming back! :(

I hope you can solve it because cdburnerxp is a really great software! :D

It's not a bug actually, rather our burning library's vendor has been playing with thread management in order to find an optimal solution.

Five months waiting, some new versions of CDBurnerXP and still ... the same problem. I'm using this tool in version 4.2.1 for writing DL-DVDs because Nero can't with my drive, but the CPU usage is still as high as in March where I tried CDBurnerXP the first time. Yes, the DVDs are burned properly, but I'm wondering why no one else is bothering about the fact that not only the discs but the CPU is burning. (At least it uses only one thread on one CPU, not all cores.) Is there still no solution? cdburnerxp is a nice tool, I'd like to use it.

4.1.2.789 still the same problem.

Burn with 8x equals 31 Minutes of burning time. After that, DVD was unusable. No other application can be used during burning, since more then 90% CPU-Usage.

This major bug should be noted in the FAQ and fixed.

Gunter

I test all new version and cpu usage = 100% !

The best version for me is 4.0.022.370 - cpu usage = 2 to 7 % (the same in my Nero 7.5)

My system:

CPU Celeron M 530 1.73GHz

Memory 2GB

Windows Vista Service Pack 1

-----------------------

sorry for my english

Hi,

I just recently stumbled on CDBurnerXP and really liked the simple and straithforward interface, but burning was consideratly longer than with Nero. Then looking at the task manager, I see the cdbxpp.exe process taking all the CPU time it can handle.

Any updates on this issue? Looks like this issue have been there for over half a year.

CDBurnerXP

System

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

2GB RAM

Windows XP SP3

Thanks

Hi,

I have a high CPU usage on my 1.8 Mhz Pentium M Dothan with version 4.2.3.1110.

Observing the cdbxpp.exe process with Process Explorer, looks like most of the CPU is taken by a thread running on NMSDVDXU.dll.

Also, same process with FileMon shows excesive hists on the same dll (see attached).

[attachment=0]filemon.png[/attachment]

Confirmed! 4.2.3.1110 still reaches 100% CPU usage burning CD/DVD and my poor laptop's CPU together! :o

@flo

cdbxp_setup_4.0.022.370 uses 10/20% max of CPU instead. I suggest to revert to those sources...

To complain about the exact same issues as all those people before : way to high CPU usage (90%+), even the 4.0.022.370 do me that trick and none of the others version I tried were exempt of this issue.

CDBurnerXP got a lot of qualities but this one issue make in trashbin material and nothing more to me, can't use and that's it, if ever that problem was fixed I'd like to hear of it as this software got a lot of other qualities but until then it's deleted with good reasons.

Please keep in mind that it's not Flo's fault but the external burning library developer's... (correct me if I'm wrong)

@ Flo: Something new concerning the "promises that have been made"? Waiting almost a year now for this bug to be fixed by NMS is maddening me as well.

Same problem here with 4.2.3.1110. I'm really just posting so I can get emailed as this thread is updated. Hopefully the problem will be fixed someday. CDBurnerXP seems excellent in all other respects.

I didn't expect it to be fixed with this version anyway. The only possible fix is currently to revert to an older version of the burning library, which may then again reintroduce other bugs.