Sign in to follow this  
fnukyguy

4.0.024.439 very high cpu usage

I have faced the same problem from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be a rule for the program.

I mean that using the same version some time produces high CPU usage, but most times doesn't.

I can't understand why. Can it be related to specific hardware configurations?

Any news on this issue? To be honest: This bug is a total "no go" for me...

Possible to switch to another engine with similar features? FoxBurner SDK?

(I know you did an investment in NMSDVD, but I think their support sucks if they deliver an engine with such a big fault and they do not fix it in a timely manner...)

Flo, can you give us an update for this matter?

It's not the money. If it was just that, I'd already have it done probably. It's the amount of time required to rewrite the whole application.

... and it will be in every future release as long as the burning library isn't fixed by NMS (and it seems to me that this won't happen in my lifetime) ...

Please (re)move the previous post and this one - I think it belongs to the "General Discussion" topics...

Guest user

I experienced this problem (near 100% CPU load) too. I hope it will be fixed. Thank you for excellent software!

Guest someGuest

This issue makes an unusable garbage application out of a very good application. I wonder whether we should create a project for making a dual-licensed (open/closed) drop-in replacement for the used burn library, just for the purpose of making the library developer FIX THAT D*MN THREAD HANDLING.

Guest zitz

In general, CDBurnerXP is a very good application. But the CPU problem levels down all the benefits of this excellent free program. And i dont believe, that this is a kind of problem, that is impossible to fix for such a long time. I am experienced .NET/C# developer and i know, what i saying. I suppose, it could be fixed in few evenings. Even changing the burning engine might not take more, than one week.

So it is really a mistery for me, why this bug is hanging one(!!) year?

And noone issued this problem to Numedia Soft? I can't believe they haven't fixed the problem.

Anyone knows if Numedia Soft's engone is used bu other burning software's? If it is we can check and see if the problem is persistent and confirm that the problem is generated entirely and solely by the burning engine. (not that I don't trust Flo...:P)

What about changing the burning engine then?

Guest _fisherman
What about changing the burning engine then?

Yes! Just some days ago, I replaced the NMSDVDXU.dll by the one from the 370 Version, which had been reported as last "good" version:

http://cdburnerxp.se/downloads/releases ... 22.370.exe

A first burning test of some DVD Video was succesfull.

I wondered if those other "Wrapper-DLLs" would have to be downgraded as well, but for me it worked by simple replacing the one file :)

But I can't tell if there are any features that need a more recent version of that evil burning library.

Anyway, I really appreciate the CDBurnerXP tool itself!

Guest BlackAngel

I have test BurnAware Free 2.3.4, it's also use NuMedia Soft NMS DVD Burning SDK and get very high CPU load (in my case Athlon X2 5000 ~ about 60-70%)

Yes! Just some days ago, I replaced the NMSDVDXU.dll by the one from the 370 Version, which had been reported as last "good" version:

http://cdburnerxp.se/downloads/releases ... 22.370.exe

A first burning test of some DVD Video was succesfull.

I wondered if those other "Wrapper-DLLs" would have to be downgraded as well, but for me it worked by simple replacing the one file :)

But I can't tell if there are any features that need a more recent version of that evil burning library.

Anyway, I really appreciate the CDBurnerXP tool itself!

Nice! Thanks, I am going to try that.

Since I am burning only dvd's and cd's I guess that changing that file I won't loose any feature I need.

Yeah, a change is a possibility I am considering, but it won't happen today or tomorrow.

Interesting.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Ok. I can confirm that the trick _fisherman said works 100%!

I just burned a DVD and it works!

Awesome!!!! It's so nice to see my cpu finally have minimum processing load!

Thanks!

Can I suggest the developer to write something about this trick in the site so that everyone knows (or/and a sticky in the forum)?

I can see that there a quite a lot of users unhappy of the 100% cpu utilization, and this fix might be perfect for them (as it was is for me and _fisherman).

Obviously it would be advisable along with the info provided to put a DISCLAIMER. Something as the following:

"While the fix is reported to work correctly, proceeding with this modification is at your risk only.

CDBurnerXP.se and it's developer are not held liable for any inconvenience caused by the modification and no support will be given if any problem occurs.".

:)

In my new system, Core2Dou E8600 the new version 4.2.4.1420 has 60% cpu load! that means 100% if I have a one core CPU!

Why? If this problem will not be corrected please tell us. Thank you.

I can confirm also!

My CPU load used to be around 60%, now it at around 8% with the old NMSDVDXU.dll file. There don't seem to be any drawbacks whatsoever.

Thanks for the trick!