Sign in to follow this  
andrea.ippo

[C] Problems with multisession disc v 4.024.439

CDBXP often completes the disc even if I tell him to leave it open!

Sometimes after the first session, sometimes after the second, using ISO 9660+JOLIET+UDF but also using ISO9600+JOLIET only.

With Amok CD/DVD Burning I had no problems creating up to 6 sessions, than I tried to import the last one with cdbxp to add the 7th, it succeeded but afterwards the disc resulted complete: no more sessions could be appended.

I really like this sw, but multisession should be reliable

What "they" say:

There are only a few ways a disc gets closed:

1) It has been requested to close the disc via the write settings.

2) The disc is burned in Disc-at-Once mode (there is only one session).

3) The device closes the disc because there is no more room on the disc

for another session. The automatic disc closure ONLY occurs when the

device attempts to close the open session at the end of the burning

process and it determines that there is no more space for another

session - it has no choice but to close the disc.

4) The Table-of-Contents is full and the max track/session count has

been reached (99 sessions). Not all devices will close the disc in this case. Some

will just leave the disc in limbo.

Thanks for your reply Flo, but the problem must be somewhere else.

As I said before, another burning app had no problems creating up to six sessions (could have been more, I just stopped trying since it worked).

And I've tried another one in the past few days. Same story, no issues importing sessions and creating new ones on the same disc.

For these tests, I've always used the same burning unit and the same rewritable cd, and I've also burned the same data! (which is surely not enough to fill the disk, since 6 sessions took totally something like 150MB)

Of course in cdbxp I've always chosen to continue the disk, and the session at once mode was always enabled before starting the burning process, so I really don't know what is the matter with multisession, it just stops working after one or two imported sessions, at least in my case.

Isn't there anybody else who has had this problem? Or who wants to try to see if it occurs to him as well?

Thanks

Agreed. I am having the same trouble. Have been using cdburnnerxppro for a long time. I've not had this issue before. I am using v4.0.024.039. I want to say that the last release 4.0.024 did not do this. I put in a new DVD for data burning and only had about enough data for 25% of the disc. I chose to leave session open. All burned fine. But when I went to add more data next time it told me the disc was full/closed. I opened the disc in Star Burn and it told me the disc was closed also.

Any Ideas? I'm pretty sure that it's not me.

I confirm it works fine with 4.015.277 ;)

However, with this version cdbxp loads the cpu up to 50% (on a dual core equipped pc)

I really hope you can fix this soon, thanks Flo

PS: 4.024 takes 50% cpu as well

I have exact opposite problem with 4.024.439, when I tell CDBurnerXP to close disc (Disc at once & Finalize disc) disc will be left open (multisession disc).

And of course, sometimes disc's that are burned as multisession won't be open when new files are going to be added.

edit: doesn't matter whether I choose "Automatic" or "Advanced" options.

I am having the same problem as described in the original post. I cannot reliably burn a multisession disk using v 4.024.439. I made 9 attempts at multisession burns, using the simple "Leave Disk Open" option for some attempts and making the appropriate settings on the "Advanced Settings" option in the remaining attempts. In 7 cases, the disks were readable after one session but appeared closed. In the other two cases, the disks remained open after a first session but when I attempted a second session the burn failed, rendering the disks unreadable.

I had no trouble burning single session disks. My burner is a Phillips DVD8701 which is on your list of compatible drives and which I have used without problems with several other CD/DVD burning programs.

I hope there is a fix for this issue as the program has a great user interface and nice set of features but, for me, is crippled without the multisession capability.

The only issue I am currently aware of is the fact that CDBXP might incorrectly choose an option automatically under certain circumstances. You could try to always choose advanced settings, and make sure that Session-at-once is checked and "finalise disc" unchecked and see if that helps. If it does not, you'll have to wait.

Like Andrea, I too have the same problem, I tested this with a CD rom, in a DVDRW. I found each time I said leave open, it would finalize. If advanced was used and eject was checked, it would finalize. I used the advanced mode checking only verify and left the eject and finalize boxes unchecked. It left the CD unfinalized after each burn. Manually ejecting it did not finalize the disc where auto ejecting did.

I checked this theory in 3 different PCs where 2 had DVDRW and one had a CDRW. All 3 worked OK as long as I used the advanced mode and did not check eject and finalize. I went one step further and the 4th PC test was done with the same CD now containing 6 files from 3 PCs. This was placed into the DVDRW. CDBurningXP was opened and the disk immediately asked if I wanted to continue. I added a file and this time said leave it open rather than using the advanced mode and it jumped past the settings screen and started burning. I had no chance to adjust any settings. I didn't see any checks on the settings screen as it sped past and I figured it would leave it unfinalized. After recording the settings screen came up and there were no check on finalize, eject or verify. I ejected the CD manually and re-inserted it.

No continue screen popped up and no files showed up in the directory on the disc. The disc showed files on it when checking it in My Computer. I attempted burning a new file and I was told "Media not writeable".

There apparently is a glitch in the leave open mode and maybe the eject under advance settings. The advanced mode should be used to manually adjust settings before burning and I'd leave the eject and finalize unchecked until the program is fixed.

Hope this helps

Bob

Yep, it's already fixed of course.

Does not appear to be fixed. I'm having the same problem. I just burned a disc and clicked on leave open. The disc is not open, it's finalized with only 256MB of data.

I have exact opposite problem with 4.024.439, when I tell CDBurnerXP to close disc (Disc at once & Finalize disc) disc will be left open (multisession disc).

And of course, sometimes disc's that are burned as multisession won't be open when new files are going to be added.

edit: doesn't matter whether I choose "Automatic" or "Advanced" options.

It sure seems to me that if this person is having the EXACT OPPOSITE problem then perhaps these "glitches" in the program could be nothing more than a button label error by the programmers or the translators?!? Isn't it possible that the buttons are simply backwards?

Seems like this bug has been fixed in version 4.1.660, can someone confirm this?

I've made a multisession dvd+rw with 3 sessions, the first one with no advanced settings, just told cdbxp to keep the disc open, the second one with advanced settings and eject disc at the end enabled (no file check at the end), the third one with both boxes checked (eject + check files) and the disc still appears open.

So for me this means the bug's been killed :D

Just downloaded and installed 4.1.1.660, same bug is still present at least with DVD+RW-disk's.

Eg.Data disk->Burn->advanced options->Disc at once+finalize disk+eject disk. Result in multisession disk, CDBXP ask is one want's to continue multisession disk when same disk is inserted again. Disc information says "Disc status: Disc open", "Disc is open: Yes" and "Number of sessions: 1"

Purchasing Nero license is just inches away;)

edit: same result with automatic option and "Finalise disk" selection.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.