Sign in to follow this  
andrea.ippo

[C] Problems with multisession disc v 4.024.439

This is the opposite problem.

Mine, when I opened the topic, was that I wasn't able to add sessions later because cdbxp closed the disc even if I told him not to do so.

And now it's behaving the opposite!

I'll try and let you know

1st attempt:

700MB cd-rw, advanced options, DAO, close disc checked (of course), eject checked, verify unchecked.

Disc finalized, no popup asking to continue disc, warning appearing when I try to import the session manually (says "Disc is not writable")

So the first test seems ok, others follow

2nd attempt:

same support, this time tried with the automatic mode, choosing finalize disc finalized it. I'll try dvd-rw now

3rd attempt:

single layer dvd-rw, same settings as 1st attempt

Surprise! The disc is still open!

4th attempt:

tried to finalize the dvd burned in the 3rd, this time with advanced options, but without checking the eject box.

Same result, the disc is still open

Yep, that's exactly same behavior as previous version had. I thought that this was one of the bugs that was to be fixed with this release, with new version of that 3rd-party burning engine.

I thought that this was one of the bugs that was to be fixed with this release, with new version of that 3rd-party burning engine.

Unfortunately there hasn't been a new version of that library yet.

This means that also the issue of not leaving the disc open remains in this release? (the one I opened the topic for)

The strange thing is that during my tests it seemed to me that that problem was solved...

Can someone tell me if he/she still has the problem of cdbxp finalizing a multisession disc even when not required?

I agree with Bob Kravetz. There is a problem. The leave open selection is being ignored in the program and the ONLY way to leave a disk open is to use the advanced option and manually uncheck the Finalize box. Clearly a programming error. It must have caused a lot of wasted Cd's and DVD's until the users did the research.

Surely this is an easy fix? Perhaps an .ini file change?

This bug still exists in this latest version, correct?

Is there any idea when it might be fixed? By the time CDBXP 8.3.1.999 is released perharps :D

If you feel that there is still a problem, please open a new topic for it and properly explain. The bug mentioned here (well, supposed to be, people mentioned all kinds of bugs...) is fixed and topic "closed".

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.