Sign in to follow this  
Guest icecold

portable app

Guest icecold

Hi

Is it possible to made CDBurnerXP into a portable application to carry on an USB stick?

Hello,

i´m quit a bit concerned at this moment.

I have an older Version (4.0.022.370) which i can unpack with uniextract and use it as portable software.

Today i have download the actual Version 4.2.1.864 and would unpack it too, but this time

there is no functioning way to do so. Even uniextract is going to fail.

Why don´t you release any Versions of CDBurnerXP packed into rar or 7zip archives?

Its so genius to work with Programs which run out of there own folder so you can carry them with you.

I understand you´re point about .NET but on most PCs it is installed for using any other Programs.

A second point: if this might not be possible to put the needed dlls from the .NET into the CDBurnerXP-Folder so that CDBurnerXP

runs also fully portable on PCs w/o .NET installed.

But my main Question is to put all needed Files of CDBurnerXP into one Archive like rar or 7zip to unpack this

simply into any folder to run CDBurnerXP on PCs with installed .NET Framework.

Please let this wish get true!

neelixx

You don't need a special software. Just install CDBXP and put all resulting files into a ZIP file. I'm too busy to come up with a ZIP file for each release.

Guest joby_toss

Hello!

You can still unpack CDBurnerXP with UniExtract (just download latest innounp).

You must register "NMSDVDXU.dll" on that system before you can use CDBurnerXP without installation (i use a .bat file with "regsvr32.exe nmsdvdxu.dll" command). Otherwise when you add files to compilation you'll get an error like this:

"Unable to cast COM object of type 'NMSDVDXLib.DataImageXClass' to interface type 'NMSDVDXLib.IDataImageX'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{639520A1-3657-493E-8326-C88A8E90B4A9}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))."

You could also check "http://cdburnerxp.se/downloads/portable/" for some archived versions.

Hope this helps!

@Flo

it´s ok to hear that. no problem. But the solution from joby_toss is much better.

Never the less keep up the good work on this project! 1036947074_gif.gifsmiley.gif

@joby_toss

man glad to hear that! It worked very fine with this version of innounp!

Even for you both thumbs up, too! thumbsup4kk.gifOdBall-thatworks2.gif

unfortunately on the page you´ve linked i only found some old versions

but i keep this in my bookmarks for later use.