Support for burners with SATA interface in AHCI mode

Hello all!

I have ASUS DRW-2014L1T SATA drive, but when I enable AHCI mode for SATA, then my drive is not found by CDBurnerXP program, but ImgBurn is working properly.

Is there any plans on adding support for burners with SATA interface in AHCI mode?

P.S.

AHCI mode lets me use my SATA devices in their native mode without IDE emulation.

• 5 weeks later...

Same problem here, switched from IDE emulation mode to AHCI and the DVD-burner ist no longer found by CDBurnerXP.

BTW, what did they answer ? Or is it supposed that we (aka your 'users') ask the developer of a component CDBurnerXP is using ?

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

this is not really talkative community, is it? :-) OK, because no one answered my thread (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5995&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a) I really asked at https://www.numediasoft.com/. And I was told the component NMSDVD DVD Burning SDK fully supports all possible interfaces and media types. So problem lies somewhere in CDBurnerXP. Which is really pity, for me it was ultimate burning solution (I own Nero licence but I stopped using it after discovering CDBurnerXP). Well, what I can do? I'll wait for next release, hopefully it will get fixed. I will stay even if CDBXP will turn commercial, as long as it won't change in such useless monster as Nero is today.

Well, I'm quite certain that CDBurnerXP is not the problem here - to find out, simply try their demo application and see if the recorder is found.

Thanks, Flo.

Well, here it actually crashes during start with unhandled JIT error. Is Numedia releasing updated version of the SDK from time to time? Then it would be chance here to have it fixed in future.

Didn't help. Maybe that error actually means it didn't detect any drive? Just guessing. What it is supposed to do in system without compatible drive?

I tried that demo program too (although CDBurnerXP is running well), but you don't have to put it in the CDBurnerXP folder. Just place it anywhere and start that little program.

And here we go:

jitps6.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C2FBBB5F-6FF7-4F6B-93A3-7EDB509AA938} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

at NuMediaSoft.NMSDVDX.DataWriter.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

DataWriter

Assembly Version: 1.0.2767.36230

Win32 Version: 1.0.2767.36230

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ren/Desktop/DataWriter.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Interop.NMSDVDXLib

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ren/Desktop/Interop.NMSDVDXLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hello,

I have the same problem: I am using Vista with SP1 on an Asus board with Intel 915P. When I configure the SATA interface as AHCI, CDBurnerXP 4.0.024.439 tells me, that there's no compatible drive (even with a Plextor DVDR PX-810SA) and refuses to work. And CDBurnerXP 4.0.022.370 shows me in the drive properties, that this drive is not able to read CD-R or DVD-ROM!!! Also each action like showing the properties needs 15 or more seconds.

When I switch to IDE mode, everything is fine and 4.0.024.439 is working as expected.

On another computer, equipped with an Asus board with Intel P965 and an Optiarc AD-7173 S at the SATA interface configured as AHCI, CDBurnerXP 4.0.022.370 was working under Vista (w/o SP1) without any problem. Now CDBurnerXP 4.0.024.439 also refuses to work with the error message, that no compatible drive was found.

On Windows XP I have no problem with AHCI, even with the Intel 915P board.

It seems to me that Numedia has some additional work to do to really support Windows Vista. Even the small demo programm is only working under Vista in IDE mode and crashes in AHCI mode.

Horst

• 1 month later...
Guest Dwight Norris

I am not sure this is connected to this issue but I just tried to use my Windows XP Pro back up utility and Dell tells me that because I have unINSTALLED Roxio which I hate with a passion that I can not use my DVD RW drive for back up of data I only use CDB now and then but this hacks me off to no end.

My question now is do I have another choice of software that will be compatible with CDB that will let me use the backup utility with WXP Pro ?

And if I give in and install the free copy of Roxio I have will it be compatible with CDB

some how I want you to tell me it is not but agh who owns this computer me or Dell

Can we make CDB in the future so it will recognize the Back Up Utility ?

dwight

• 1 month later...
Guest PsiMoon314

HI,

The error messages above show this as a NuMedia SDK issue or an implementation problem within CDBurnerXP:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C2FBBB5F-6FF7-4F6B-93A3-7EDB509AA938} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

at *** NuMediaSoft.NMSDVDX.DataWriter ***.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hopefully a future release will fix this problem.

Kind Regards

Simon

• 2 months later...
Guest Mathes

Hi,

I have the same Problem here drive is not recognized, when in AHCI mode.

System vista x64 SP1

Thanks Mathes

Guest SuperFreak

I have it too! Switched to AHCI recently. Just upgraded to the newest version of CDBurnerXP and after that I couldn't burn anymore. After reinstalling older versions I knew it had to be something else. Thank god, I found this post.

I'm also running Vista x64. Hope this can be fixed soon. Just wiped Ubuntu of my PC to install the newest version fresh, but I can't burn the iso now... Guess I'll have to download a less conveniant burnprogram for the time-being ;-) Thnx anyway Flo! CDBurnerXP rocks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this too.

Does somebody know if this problem is adressed to be fixed? Any official statement or so?

Greetings

Loco