Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gothboy

Can't play DVD

Guest Gothboy

I am about *this* close to burning and finishing this a project that has caused me a TON of problems....I think. I'm using CDBurnerXP to burn a compressed outputted file encoded by a CODEC converter called SUPER but I'm getting "No Audio" readouts on the DVD player when I put the DVD in and attempt to play the project. According to CDBurnerXP this is the explanation for why this could occur:

Q: Why does the burned DVD not work in my DVD Player?

A: You have to burn a Video-DVD using the UDF file format which is only supported by CDBurnerXP 4.0 and higher (File → DVD Video layout).

I did this....the DVD burned nicely but can't play it.

I'm not sure if SUPER encodes into this format as I don't see a UDF file format in the SUPER list so I used a .vod DVD compliant format. I'm waiting for a post reply on their forum to get an answer on this. What is UDF exactly and am I doing this right? I'm not going to waste any more discs until I know more.

My file has this name:

The Texas Twisters.mov.VOB and I used the .vob DVD compliant format as I said.