Sign in to follow this  
g-m1n1

[X] Error: Failed to Save Settings

Hi.

I use Vista Ultimate 32 Bit SP1.

I use the latest version of CDBurnerXP Pro.

When i launch the program i always get this error:

Failed to save settings: Unable to save config to file

'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\CDBurnerXP_Soft\cdbxpp.exe_Url_nfryvllqiqb1hla4nzefaejvhwflc2o0\4.0.24.439\user.config'.

When i quit the program i get another error and it asks me if i want to send an error report (but it always fails when i try to send it to you).

Here's the error message:

Failed to save settings: Unable to save config to file 'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\CDBurnerXP_Soft\cdbxpp.exe_Url_nfryvllqiqb1hla4nzefaejvhwflc2o0\4.0.24.439\user.config'.

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection values)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()

at x.a(Object A_0, FormClosedEventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at c.a(Message& A_0)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unable to save config to file 'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\CDBurnerXP_Soft\cdbxpp.exe_Url_nfryvllqiqb1hla4nzefaejvhwflc2o0\4.0.24.439\user.config'.

at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.ReplaceFile(String Source, String Target)

at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.Complete(String filename, Boolean success)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticWriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)

at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ClientSettingsConfigurationHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext)

at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext)

at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)

at System.Configuration.Configuration.SaveAsImpl(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceSaveAll)

at System.Configuration.Configuration.Save()

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)

Hopefully you know how to solve my problem, because i really like this free and useful program.

Thanks.

This is indeed an interesting problem, I always wanted to find out why it happens. Actually, it *shouldn't* happen and can probably be considered a .NET bug. Maybe you can give me some debugging possibilites (like remote access)? Otherwise you need to investigate yourself...is the disc full? Does C:\ exist? Are your rights limited somehow? Is the config file mentioned above locked?

What exactly do you want me to do with the "remote access"?

C:\ exists and it isn't full at all, there is 350GB available.

I am using my admin account.

Unlocker says the file isnt locked (when CDBXP running or not)

However the file should be named "user.config" but it wasn't: it was named "znx2rgaz.newcfg"

I tried to rename that file to "user.config" but the program still reports me the same error. After closing CDBurnerXP, it created a new file named "cphfrew_.newcfg"

If i delete or rename that file it will probably create a new one again.

You can give me remote access to your machine, so that I can look at the problem myself, possibly even run a debugger to see what is going on. If you'd like to do that, simply contact me per ICQ or MSN.

So far I cannot see where the problem possibly is, but I'd really like to fix it.

I have no more this problem. I don't know exactly how i fixed this.

Yesterday i defragged my HDD, it was still in a good condition, so I don't think it has something to do with it. I also used Ccleaner to clean my PC but also my registry. I did use Ccleaner before and it did not help.

However i used Glary Utilities to clean my registry with it too, so it is quite possible that Glary Utilities cleaned the file that was disturbing my program to launch normally.

Here i have the log from Ccleaner: (you can analyze it but I doubt that Ccleaner solved my problem). I'll try to find out where I can get the log file from Glary Utilities and I'll post it here too.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NEWCFG]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.PSW]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.2CDs-Spitt3r]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.2CDs-Spitt3r\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iNT-420RipZ]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iNT-420RipZ\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.SAW-JiNo22]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.SAW-JiNo22\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.shtml]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.shtml\OpenWithProgids]

"shtmlfile"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.shtml\UserChoice]

"Progid"="FirefoxHTML"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xht]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xht\UserChoice]

"Progid"="FirefoxHTML"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xhtml]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xhtml\UserChoice]

"Progid"="FirefoxHTML"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.XviD-BeStDivX]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.XviD-BeStDivX\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.XviD-DivXfacTory]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.XviD-DivXfacTory\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\Firefox]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\Firefox\WWW_OpenURL]

"ProcessName"="firefox.exe"

"WindowClassName"="DDEMLMom"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\IExplore]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\IExplore\WWW_OpenURL]

"ProcessName"="iexplore.exe"

"WindowClassName"="DDEMLMom"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\WinWord]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\WinWord\System]

"ProcessName"="WINWORD.EXE"

"WindowName"="Microsoft Word"

"WindowClassName"="OpusApp"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.a52]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.a52\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue]

@="PowerISO"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dts]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dts\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flac]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flac\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mka]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mka\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mkv]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mkv\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp1]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp1\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg1]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg1\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg2]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg2\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg4]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg4\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogg]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogg\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogm]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogm\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.spx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.spx\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ts]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ts\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vlc]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vlc\shell]

Hi.

Here is my log report from Glary Utilities after I cleaned the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\Microsoft\MPEG2Demultiplexer]

"WriteCaptureDir"="c:\dm.capture\"

[HKEY_USERS\\S-1-5-21-4206692872-2691176371-3981189318-1000\Software\Microsoft\MPEG2Demultiplexer]

"WriteCaptureDir"="c:\dm.capture\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Google]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Google\Common]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Google\NavClient]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{7C1E4FCC-B47E-44AE-8EA7-FA66EBC8BAC4}\1.0\HELPDIR]

""=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.config]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.config\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.newcfg]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.newcfg\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.psw]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.psw\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cpuz129]

"Type"=dword:00000001

"Start"=dword:00000003

"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001

"ImagePath"="\??\C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz_x32.sys"

"DisplayName"="cpuz129"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cpuz129\Enum]

"0"="Root\LEGACY_CPUZ129\0000"

"Count"=dword:00000001

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

As you can notice there is something about ".config" and ".newcfg" but I don't know if it is really related to CDBurnerXP.

Hopefully it can help you to fix this problem.

i had same problem.

Error Msg: Failed to save settings: An error ocurred loading a configuration file file: Unknown error "-1". (C:\Documents and Settings\CMosquera\Application Data\CDBurnerXP_Soft\cdbxpp.exe_Url_nfryvllqiqb1hla4nzefaejvhwflc2o0\4.0.24.439\user.config)

This folder have read only attribute activated, try to disable this attribute... but isn't posible.

In Error Message window show this:

SYSTEM INFORMATION

==============================================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Service pack: Service Pack 2

OS Version: 5.1.2600

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CDROM Drive: (0)

Description: CD-ROM Drive

Name: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H

Caption: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H

Creation Class Name: Win32_CDROMDrive

Device ID: IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD+-RW_TS-L632H_______________D400____\5&160200B9&0&0.0.0

Manufacturer: (Standard CD-ROM drives)

Media Type: CD-ROM

Config Manager Error Code: 0

Config Manager User Code: False

Media Loaded: False

PNPDevice ID: IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD+-RW_TS-L632H_______________D400____\5&160200B9&0&0.0.0

SCSIBus: 0

SCSI Logical Unit: 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soundcard: (0)

Manufacturer: SigmaTel

Name: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Description: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Memory Size: 4096 MB RAM

Memory Count: 2

Memory Type: SDRAM

Disk Drive (0): Hitachi HTS722016K9A300

Description: Disk drive

Interface Type: IDE

Partitions: 1

Bytes Per Sector: 512

Device ID: \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0

Manufacturer: (Standard disk drives)

Media Type: Fixed hard disk media

Size: 160039272960

An invalid argument was supplied

at System.Net.SafeCloseSocketAndEvent.CreateWSASocketWithEvent(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType, Boolean autoReset, Boolean signaled)

at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.AddressChangeListener.StartHelper(NetworkAddressChangedEventHandler caller, Boolean captureContext, StartIPOptions startIPOptions)

at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.add_NetworkAddressChanged(NetworkAddressChangedEventHandler value)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.add_NetworkAvailabilityChanged(NetworkAvailableEventHandler handler)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs eventArgs)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

Can i delete this folder a create again?

This Folder is necesary... can rename this folder?

Please help!

This seems to be a different error. Not much you can do about it, but can possibly be fixed in the next version.

And yes, the config file and its folder can safely be deleted.

Proventia Desktop is an IBM Internet Security System product (http://www.iss.net), used for my company policies.

This product usually define some programs like buffer overflow exploit and blocks programs.

You should do this:

- Open Proventia Desktop Agent (Start/Program Files/ISS/Proventia Desktop/Proventia Desktop Agent)

- Select Edit Settings (in Tools Menu bar).

- Select Buffer Overflow Exploit Prevention Tab.

- In Exclude these application press Add button.

- Select C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpp.exe

- Press Apply and Ok button.

That's it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.