Sign in to follow this  
barca

Picture NO Audio on DVD

Hi people.Trying to burn off a simple MPEG movie to disc to watch on DVD but there is no sound track. I,ve tried different files and none are

playing sound. I converted file from an .avi . I am on vista home premium. Is there a simple answer to this? Thanks

...burn off a simple MPEG movie ...none are playing sound. I converted file from an .avi

If you burn something to a disk, it is a complete copy of the file you have chosen. If you try to view the movie from your computer's DVD the sound must be there. If it is, it means that the DVD player you are using doesn't recognize the audio format of your file (Try MPEG L2). If not then there is something wrong with the conversion you are making. Most likely you are striping the sound away. Try Media Coder http://www.mediacoderhq.com/. Its free, open source, and it works.