Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdT

MSI property settings

Guest EdT

When using the MSI installer, what command line properties are available to configure the installation?

Specifically, I want to set the default language to English and turn off AutoUpdate. I also want to set the software so that non-admin users can burn CD's or DVDs.

I tried to search for past postings on this topic but kept getting a message telling me search was not available and to try later, so forgive me if the information is already in a past posting.

That link only describes the EXE command line options, unless you are trying to convey that the option

/KEYWORD=Something can be used as a property in the form KEYWORD=Something

Also, what would be the registry setting for defaulting to English - is it EN or EU instead of FR in the example shown?

Thanks!

OK, some progress is being made.

I have added DisableOnlineUpdate=1 under the [setup] section of Application.ini in the INIFILE table of the MSI (using a transform), and this installs correctly.

I have also preset the language using the HKCU key setting.

However, when UserSettings.ini is created in the user profile under Application Data\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP, the [General] heading still contains a setting of AutoUpdate=1. Is this setting related to online update, and if so, should it be set to 0 ?

As a separate note, the registry settings under HKCU create a key called CDBurnerXP both under HKCU/Software and also under HKCU/Software/Canneverbe.

Is this deliberate or a programming typo?

I have still to find out whether there is a setting for allowing non admin users to burn CD's as is indicated in the documentation somewhere, but does not appear to be anywhere obvious in the file system or registry, nor is it addressed specifically in the website information.

Flo - can you clarify on these points explicitly?

Thanks!

Additional note for anyone else working on the MSI version - the shortcuts are inconsistent. The desktop shortcut is advertised but the start menu shortcut is not. So if you are relying on self healing, update the start menu shortcut settings to make this shortcut also advertised.

If changing the target location for the Start Menu shortcut, this needs to be done in the Custom Action table, as the destination folder is set there.

Also, what would be the registry setting for defaulting to English - is it EN or EU instead of FR in the example shown?

You can check the language code if you go to the CDBurnerXP application folder (it contains all kinds of folders like "fr-FR" and "de-DE").

However, when UserSettings.ini is created in the user profile under Application Data\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP, the [General] heading still contains a setting of AutoUpdate=1.

The user setting does not have effect if the Application.ini disables it.

the registry settings under HKCU create a key called CDBurnerXP both under HKCU/Software and also under HKCU/Software/Canneverbe.

Older versions may have done so.

I have still to find out whether there is a setting for allowing non admin users to burn CD's as is indicated in the documentation somewhere, but does not appear to be anywhere obvious in the file system or registry, nor is it addressed specifically in the website information.

It's possible if the NMSAccess service/StarBurnX driver is installed, but should not be required on Win7.