Sign in to follow this  
Guest amit.unnadkat

[X] Burn Images and text on the bottom of CD's.

Guest amit.unnadkat

Now, before I start getting comments that this has already been done, or it cannot be done, please let me assure you that I have done all necessary research before approaching you.

This idea HAS been thought of before, but not taken seriously enough.

Why not have a feature similar to Lightscribe, but more appropriately like Disc T@2?

Follow up Argon's Work on Instructables (http://www.instructables.com/id/Burning-visible-images-onto-CD-Rs-with-data-beta/) and you will understand what I mean. This was started in 2006, but he didn't have enough time to put it into a final stage. Also, it was written in MATLAB which not many people own.

Is in not possible to rewrite the program in C++ and incorporate it as an add-on to CDBurnerXP? Though it is burner specific and also CD specific, i'm sure you could create a few profiles for popular burners, and a way for people with other burners and CD's to calibrate it themselves.

I would have done this myself, but I don't have any programming knowledge. I'm sure it is possible, because otherwise how would Argon have done it?

Guest Amit.unnadkat

Not lightscribe!

I said...burn a visible picture onto the BOTTOM of a CD....make sense?