Sign in to follow this  
oldnewbie

Is order always helpfull?

Normally I would agree that having programs that always list subjects [ie lists of files etc] in an alphabetic order of some kind is a benefit.

The one exception to that rule is cd/dvd Burning Programs!

So often I would like to burn tracks in an order that is not arranged by alphabet....in fact, I think I could say 'Most often'.

Think of it: you have just downloaded your favorite music album, or season of your fav. TV prog. The last thing you want to do is to burn them in alpha order - you want them to appear on your CD/DVD in their correct order.

So you have to resort to the trick of editing all the files and put a numeric character in front of each filename to ensure that they are burned in the correct order. But puting a 7 in front of a title like 21 Days, etc, can lead to confussion.

Would it be at all possible to arrange the option to move files arround in order before burning them to disk?

Apart from that, I think CDBurnerXP is probably the best free prog I have ever downloaded.

I've been using it for several years, and always put it on a computer if I am building it up for a friend.

It is one of my "Must Haves".

How does one get the beta version? It says it is only available to certain contributors. Any idea when the beta will be released as the next version? Any alternate program that allows you to sort the files the way you want as order does count. I am surprised that this was not available before this.

I do not see any way to order the list of songs that I want to burn the way I want them to appear.

I want to be able to arrange the songs as they appear on the original CD. This is easy to do in iTunes by creating a playlist. I am new at CDBurnerXP and have heard good things about it but I cannot figure this one out.

Thanks,

That only works if you want to create an audio CD. I was interested in creating a data disk of MP3 files and in that view drag and drop do not work.