[added] support for dual layer media & burner

Hello !

As a new feature (ok unless it is already in, but I don't think so :wink2: ) I would be interested in getting support for double layer (DVD-9) burning.

Support for LiteOn SOHW-832S burner (has DL support) would be very appreciated too :)

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please :) i have a lite-on 832 burner and i will buy soon a double layer disk to test.BTW great program keep it up

I did some first tests: The LG double layer burner works fine for CD-RW/DVD-RW, as well as speed detection for DVD double layer, however, burning on a double layer disc does not work yet. I don't know if this can be fixed....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DSL088

To burn double layer, not only the software need to recognize a DL capable drive, also it needs to prepare the data to split into 2 equal half and to insert the layer-break code.

I believe this should not be a difficult problem, and is entirely a software implementation. But many burner software out there decided to charge the users for this new feature as a new release. If is a reasonable amount for the incremental upgrade is still OK. But some less ethical company even price the new release as a complete new license, eventhought the different from the older version is just the "DL" capability.

So if you are having the older version you will have to repay for the whole new package pricing again for many feature you already bought in the earlier version !

I really wish CDBurnerXPPro can release a DL freeware so to teach those non-ethical company a lesson !

• 1 month later...

So true... and not only for software burning tools, but also for burner's firmware update!

Manufacturers had two choices: make available free firmware update for existing burners to add DL support... or create new burners, sold high price! What a surprise to find so many custom firwares for 'old' burners, that add unofficial DL support :P

Looking forward to have cdburnerxp able to burn DL media !!!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.