Sign in to follow this  
Wanderingsoul

Could not start burn process

I get this error message when I try to burn an audio CD from either mp3 or wav files. The FAQ indicated some possible problems with Comodo firewall, so I closed the firewall and got the same error msg.

It's not the burner, because it works fine in burning files with other burning pgms (I didn't try CDBurnerXP on data files).

Here's what I've done to try to isolate the problem:

1. Tried several blank CDs. Though the information button indicates the disks are MT, and open, I still get the error.

2. Re-installed the program, updated it in fact. I was using a slightly earlier version than the most recent available for download. I uninstalled the earlier version, then installed the most recent (4.0.024). No help.

3. Tried copying mp3 files with another pgm (InfraRecorder) and it worked, but I can't do an audio CD with that pgm.

4. Went over every option I could find in the menus, and couldn't find setting that looked like it could be the problem.

5. Closed Comodo firewall. No help.

I could probably try to burn a data disk with CDBurnerXP, but I suspect that will work fine. I THINK the problem is somehow with some setting or software/OS glitch somewhere that's interfering with the "conversion to audio format" process. I'm using WIndowsXP.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Anybody have any ideas?