Sign in to follow this  

Deleting DVD+RW fails [fixed]

First of all CDBurnerXP Pro surprised me since I tried it first last week and I would like to say THX to all chaps doing this fantastic piece of software. Before I used WinOnCD but this was to fat and also illegaly cracked.

Now I'm using CDBurnerXP to create home made movie DVDs, produced with TMPGEnc and DVDStyler, two other valueable programs.

Only one thing I do not understand:

When I delete DVD+RW (Verbatim or Intenso) the deleting process runs well and finishes successful.

The elapsed time sometimes shows wrong numbers like 20:49:55 (real a few seconds) but the process seems to work.

The disk status after this shows "Disk is closed" and "Used Space 0,00Mb". Why the disk is closed?

Writing data is possible but I can not write an ISO file !? (Media is not writable!)

Same ISO file with new DVD-RW works fine. Only deleted RW's are not accepted for that procedure.

Deleting complete or fast makes no difference.

Is there a way to write ISOs on deleted DVD+RW?

Ciao Sqirry

Only one thing I do not understand:

When I delete DVD+RW (Verbatim or Intenso) the deleting process runs well and finishes successful.

The elapsed time sometimes shows wrong numbers like 20:49:55 (real a few seconds) but the process seems to work.

The disk status after this shows "Disk is closed" and "Used Space 0,00Mb". Why the disk is closed?

DVD+RWs always appear closed nothing to worry about though :)

Writing data is possible but I can not write an ISO file !? (Media is not writable!)

Same ISO file with new DVD-RW works fine. Only deleted RW's are not accepted for that procedure.

Deleting complete or fast makes no difference.

Is there a way to write ISOs on deleted DVD+RW?

Ciao Sqirry

This is a bug and its fixed in coming versions

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.