Sign in to follow this  
ctsrutland

CDBurner won't start at all

I have had it running in the past, so I suspect this is an incompatability with something else I've got, but I've no idea what.

I installed 4.0.0024.439, and it said it installed succesfully.

But when I run it, I just get an error Window saying "we are sorry you encountered this error" . The error message box is blank - greyed out in fact.

I have DeepBurner installed and working, but I kind of prefer CDBurnerXP.

I also have ISO recorder installed from http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm which is great.

I'm using Vista Business. I used to have a version of Nero Express installed, but removed it as it didn't work on Vista.

In this case, there should be a "details" area, where you can get more info on what actually happened. Without that info, I can't tell much.

Nope.. nothing. It just says 'Error message" and under that is a blank box. No details at all.

Looks like I'm not going to be using CDBurnerXP again... never mind. I'll try and remember to post back if I work out what it was.

Guest Ress

Like dude above mine just quit too......... It HAS worked before for months till now. The only thing remote I done was a few system restores............ Now the app won't even start. I have unintalled/reinstalled several times to no effect.

It gives just one of those wonky XP error messages but if you want technical here it is.

(wouldnt u know it just wouldnt copy npaste?)

EventType : clr20r3 P1: cdbxpp.exe P2: 4.0.24.439 P3 :47d8148e P4: msconlib P5: 2.0.0.0

P6: 4333ab80 P7: 1e6e P8:0 P9 :systemtypeloadexception

I know u guys need it and i dont care to type it means yall fixing it up :)