Sign in to follow this  
memoir5861

Please don't put CDBurnerXP runtime package in megaupload

Please don't put CDBurnerXP runtime package in megaupload, since it make trouble for user that lives in some countries that he/she need to install megaupload toolbar to continue download. I suggest use badongo or mediafire instead.

You can always use the permanent link http://www.cdburnerxp.se/downloadsetup.exe without any ads etcetera.

You got me wrong, that's the link of cdburnerxp, what I mean is "CDBurnerXP runtime package" link. This is the page where I found the link:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/install-without-dotnet

And the link itself is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOHT998D

But I'm not sure if someone has to install a toolbar to use megaupload

I wouldn't post here if none has to install megaupload toolbar. Megaupload use download slot limitation mechanism. The download slot depends on country, some country get bigger slot, while some country get smaller slot. If the slot in your country has been used up, you cannot download anything from megaupload. Using megaupload toolbar, you won't get slot limitation, but the problem is that toolbar collects privacy information A.K.A. a spyware.

And final prob is I'm using opera, megaupload toolbar doesn't work on opera.

Feel free to upload the package somewhere else (or let others do it). In any case we are not going to host this thing on our servers, since we actually do not support it.

Sorry, I didn't notice you were talking about the runtime package...

You can also install the .Net framework I think :lol: . Since CDBurnerXP isn't the only program that uses the .Net framework, it isn't a weird idea to install it...

You can also install the .Net framework I think . Since CDBurnerXP isn't the only program that uses the .Net framework, it isn't a weird idea to install it...

I don't like framework, although it doesn't harm but I don't know why I just feel like the framework is such an excessive garbage for me. I'm still using win2k anyway and my PC spec is a bit low.

Also many people said NET application run slower than native application, but I don't know if it affects burning performance.

So let me clarify that: .NET applications do need longer to start up (like Java spplications), but after that they should run at least as fast as a non .NET application. The memory consumption is higher, but that should matter nowadays. Time is our ally :)