Sign in to follow this  
Sammy

problem: burning speed, cpu, ...

Hi!

I've got some problems with CDBurner XP (WinXP, LG 4163B, actual firmware 105 or 103 or so):

The first DVDs I burned are all OK (Verbatim 16x DVD+R, printable). Even the burning speed. Just the cpu-usage is abnormal (Quad Core, but pc is nearly unusable) - I think this problem is already known.

After that I tried some DVD-RW and DVD+RW, they were all burned just with single speed (not 2x or 4x as supposed). CDBurner reported 196 minutes for verifying the data to me (I cancelled this). The option 'disable automatic speed....' didn't help.

Some DVDs did'nt work at all and is now unusable. This seems a bit like this one:http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6051. But I'm not sure about SP3.

I thought the single-speed problem was just RW-specific, so I tried Verbatim DVD+R 16x (not printable) yesterday:

Again just Single speed and more than 3 hours for verifying.

The last try with the printable 16x (first ones I used with no probs) now also end in the same problems.

All DVD worked well before with i.e. nero.

Maybe someone can help me or confirm these probs or explain why the same DVD+Rs first worked at full speed and now need al very lot of minutes.

THX!

Thanks for the reply Flo.

But why was burn speed OK until I tried the RWs?

And CPU usage is at about 25%-35% for all 4 cores, so cpu don't seem to be the bottleneck.

btw: SP3 is installed (c't update), maybe you want to look there....