Sign in to follow this  
jazzloft

CD Copying - How to do it - No Action List

How do you simply make a copy of a cd? In the help file, it says to select Copy CD from the Action List. When I bring up CDBurnerXP, it gives me a choice of Create Data CD or Creat Audio CD. I can't find the action list. Any suggestions? Thanks!

>In the current version, it's still in the file menu (create data disc).

What menu are you talking about? There are no menus at the startup screen!

I want to copy the CD in F: to a blank CD in G:

Even after hitting [Create Data Disc] there is no option to copy a disc except ISO

which isn't what is needed. There is no other copy option. This is all that is avaailabe

to me on the latest version is:

Close/Save/Save as

Save config as ISO

Burn disc from ISO

Video DVD layout

Copy ISO disc

Convert ISO image

Print cover

Options

Exit.

Why does the helpfile "Copy Disc" show a main screen menu which doesn't exist?

come back Nero, all is forgiven !!!

--

Cheemag.

Why does the helpfile "Copy Disc" show a main screen menu which doesn't exist?

Help file, first page, first three lines...

The help file is currently being adjusted for the upcoming release of CDBurnerXP. Thus, descriptions and screenshots here might not fit to the current release.

As I've said before, it is double or triple the work, to write a help file for two completely different versions of the program. We have tried though to keep tips for the older version...

Most of the procedures used within the program are the same. Please check the bottom of each topic for differences.

>The help file is currently being adjusted for the upcoming release of CDBurnerXP. Thus, descriptions and >screenshots here might not fit to the current release.

>

>As I've said before, it is double or triple the work, to write a help file for two completely different versions of >the program. We have tried though to keep tips for the older version...

Fair enough.

>Most of the procedures used within the program are the same. Please check the bottom of each topic for >differences.

But none of the above helps me with copying a disc!

--

Cheemag.

>Please read my first reply again and don't stop before you got to the end of the sentence

This is your first reply:

>In the current version, it's still in the file menu (create data disc).

I don't want to create a data disc, I want to COPY a data disc. The data disc has already

been created.

I tried to copy two data CDs using ISOs, it took 30 minutes and I ended up with a

disc which, although not blank (it couldn't be used again) had absolutely nothing

written to it. The second one had an apparent directory but the files were corrupt

and consisted of only a few asterisks.

If there is no copy function in CDBXP then please say so and I'll go back to Nero

even though I hate it.

--

Cheemag.

I don't want to create a data disc, I want to COPY a data disc.

Well, if you want a "File" menu, you have no choice but to "create a data disc". Why don't you simply try it?

Seems like it would've just been faster/easier to provide the OP with a step by step "How to".

Steps on how to Copy..

1. Load CDBurnerXP

2. From "Select New Project" screen, choose "Create Data CD/DVD"

3. File menu, "Copy ISO Disc"

4. Select your source and destination drives as necessary and other options, then click "Copy Disc"

Incidentally, if you were to choose "hard disc" in the Target Device dropdown, this is how you would create an ISO file of the CD instead of copying from 1 drive to another.

I hope that helps

>Seems like it would've just been faster/easier to provide the OP with a step by step "How to".

Indeed. that would might have saved a lot of time, hair pulling and teeth-grinding.

>Steps on how to Copy..

>

>1. Load CDBurnerXP

>2. From "Select New Project" screen, choose "Create Data CD/DVD"

>3. File menu, "Copy ISO Disc"

>4. Select your source and destination drives as necessary and other options, then click "Copy Disc"

I tried that: It took 15 minutes to write a disc which was blank and un-reuseable. I'm all the more bitter

as I wasted two expensive archive-grade discs trying to get a poorly-designed/documented copy function to work.

>Incidentally, if you were to choose "hard disc" in the Target Device dropdown, this is how you would create an ISO file of >the CD instead of copying from 1 drive to another.

Indeed. Then write the ISO to the destination disc, only it doesn't work. I end up with blank discs and

corrupt files and directories.

I don't think this software is for me. I've had better results from Nero, much as I hate to say it!

>I hope that helps

No, but at least YOU tried to help.

Thanks.

--

Cheemag.

Guest Skobar

Where is temporary DVD images stored while copy process is active?

I need to remove it from my hard drive, because they eat all free space in result of abnormal program termination.

Note: Normally, this images must be killed automatically by CDBurner.

Guest Skobar

Thank you! Very useful program.

I am locate iso images in

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\

directory.

File names is:

tmp3ABA.tmp

tmp3ABD.tmp

Recommendation:

CDBurner must check free space for copying operation and file system single file size limitations =before= starting process.

If copying fails, it must delete all created files immediatly or during next execution.

Guest mezhaka

i've found this post googling "temporary directory". is there any way to point the CDBurnerXP to a temp directory of my own choice? i can't copy a DVD, cause there's not enough space on my C:\, but there's plenty of it on D:\

currently the tmp file was created in C:\Documents and Settings\my_username\Local Settings\Temp\.

Since there in not enough space on C: you should consider moving the temp folder to D: (or cleaning up C: )

CDBurnerXP as all other programs will use the new folder. You will probably notice some increase in speed too.

System Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables (I am translating from another language so they may be somewhat different)

Guest mezhaka
Since there in not enough space on C: you should consider moving the temp folder to D: (or cleaning up C: )

CDBurnerXP as all other programs will use the new folder. You will probably notice some increase in speed too.

System Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables (I am translating from another language so they may be somewhat different)

thanks a lot, that's a nice solution, i should've come to it on my own -- shame on me :)

thanks a lot, that's a nice solution, i should've come to it on my own -- shame on me :)

I guess that's the purpose of the forums. Many minds working towards a common objective-cause. So no shame for anyone there...

We have a saying in Greece: Η ισχύς εν τει ενώση. Freely translated to: Power comes from unity. (similar to "strength in numbers")

Having had my monologue, no problem glad I could help. :)