Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

Compiling MP3 disk

I have some mp3 files (sort of an audio book) and want to make a disk to play it on my mp3-cd-player. So I ask CDBurner XP to burn a Data disk and add all the files I want to be on the disk. As a result I get a disk which is just what I want when I listen it on my computer (Windows Player plays the audio book files one after another without pauses) but when I try to play it on my mp3-cd-player it plays only the first track and stops forever as if there is nothing else on the disk. When I looked in CDBurner at the content of the disk the program says that there is only one session and only one track on the disk -- the first one and nothing else. But Windows Player and Real Player can see and play all the files! Why on earth my mp3-cd-player and the CDBurner itself (who has created the disk) see only the first one?

There is not a word about such things in the player's manual.

The player is Samsung. The media is Sony 4x-10x-compatible for high speed drive. The bit rate of the files is 128kbps.

I don't think it is a bug -- I have just downloaded and tried another burner program (ExpressBurn) and the result is just the same.

I haven't been able to find more info about your player, only that it supports up to 700 Mb CDs.

Try to create a new disc with ISO9660/Joliet and Level2, then choose advanced options then DAO and finalize disc.

Everything is OK! However the solution has come from another burner. I used Ashampoo and asked it to write the disk not on 10-x speed but on 4-x. (As far as I can see CDBurnerXP doesn't let me choose the speed. Or does it?)

If you choose advanced settings, otherwise it chooses the fastest one.

It is strange though, because you have tried another burner ExpressBurn too.

If you don't mind try to burn with slower speed with CDBurnerXp too (maybe a rewritable disc) to see if the problem persists.