Sign in to follow this  
ohnonowwhat?

Can't Burn Multi Session Even Without CDBurnerXP

I recently upgraded from CDBurnerXP version 3. Not only only can I not import previous sessions with the most current version, but I can't burn multi-session disks with earlier versions of CDBurner or any other software, including the basic Windows one. The problem exists on all burners I've tried, and on 2 computers.

This is crazy. :o Now what do I do? I need help. Thx.

You probably need to be more detailed about what actually happens. Maybe your drive is not working properly, it's not possible to know with your description.

OK, sorry. I'll try to explain it better.

I had been using CD Burner 3 for some time, loved it and had no problems burning multi-session data DVD's and CD's. I have two burners, one is internal, the other is external.

A week or two ago I upgraded to CDBurnerXP 4 and all of a sudden could not burn multi session disks on either burner. Either I got a message that only Joliet can be imported (I was certain to check that I'd used Joliet file system and multi-session burn). I uninstalled version 4 and went back to version 3, but that did not work properly now.

I then tried the basic Windows burning software on both burners and could not import earlier sessions. I then tried the external burner on my laptop, which I had upgraded CDBurner on already and could not burn multi-session disks.

What I'm trying to say is that not only can I not burn multi-session disks with CDBurnerXP 4, but I also can't do it with CDBurner 3 or 3.5 or the basic Windows program. I am wary of downloading any other programs just to test.

I see that others are having the multi-session issue, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem in that now they can't get other programs to record multi session disks.

> Either I got a message that only Joliet can be imported

or which message otherwise?

Or that the disk was not recordable. I can't be specific on the wording at this point, because it was at least a week ago and I did not write it down. Also, uninstalled the program. If I have some free time, I will try to duplicate the experience and let you know.

Thanks