Sign in to follow this  
KJS

[C] R6025 - Pure virtual function call

@KJS: I think it's because it's already an outdated version. Latest version is 4.1.2.678

I just tried the new version (4.1.2.678), but still got the Runtime Error - R6025-pure virtual function call. The software opened okay. The error occurred when I tried to open a file saved with the 4.0? version.

Kami

I just tried the new version (4.1.2.678), but still got the Runtime Error - R6025-pure virtual function call. The software opened okay. The error occurred when I tried to open a file saved with the 4.0? version.

Kami

Now I tried to create a data file from scratch. I was able to create a new folder and add a bunch of sub-folders to it. But when I started to select a different folder, I got the Runtime R6025 error again. So much for that idea.

What's different with this newer CD Burner version, is that In addition to the Runtime Error, I'm also getting the Microsoft popup error message, with the option to send the error report to Microsoft.

Kami

I'm getting the same error. It always seems to happen immediately after I start a burn process. (and unfortunately ruins the media in the process)

I'm currently using version 4.1.2.678 (which I updated to yesterday).

I've never seen this error in the previous version I was using, which was 4.0 something, so this must have been introduced in 4.1.

The burner is a "TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N" (aka Samsung).

I'm getting the same error. It always seems to happen immediately after I start a burn process. (and unfortunately ruins the media in the process)

I'm currently using version 4.1.2.678 (which I updated to yesterday).

I've never seen this error in the previous version I was using, which was 4.0 something, so this must have been introduced in 4.1.

The burner is a "TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N" (aka Samsung).

I didn't even get that far. I'm back with the 4.0 version. )-:

I use the new version in a lots of differents Wins, and just in my Vista X64 i get this error, i never got the chance to finish a burn with this version, and the error cames in different times, so theres no pattern to say right how to get the error. Sorry!

I'm back using 4.0.024.439 and everything is ok!

Same problem here under Vista64 Home Premium SP1 (German Version)

Occurs after adding a few files to project (loaded or new)

cdburnerxperrormk8.jpg

I also fall back to v4.0.024.439

Hope you´ll get this fixed, because the new version looked good.

Can confirm the bug "R6025 - Pure virtual function call" as well. CDBurnerXP 4.1.2.678

XP Pro, SP3, German.

Very annoying behaviour, I experienced a combination of my older, obviously not fixed reported bug ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5319 ) and "R6025":

I started the burning process, stupidly enough I didn't choose the advanced settings dialogue. It started buring with 52 x speed. (Crazy pre-selection!!!) In former versions I had always chosen "762609x". This strange program does not remember preselected items like lower speed preferences, anyway. I didn't find any way to constantly select a lower speed. (Only 2 speeds, 52 x and "762609x" are offered...)

As I didn't like the program to burn with maximum speed I pressed cancel button immediately. However, it took a long long time to react to that order. Finally the GUI stopped but the drive was still busy, the activity lamp blinking. No way to stop the blocked drive - reminds me of some situations in Linux. I had to reboot the pc to stop the canceled burning process and to free the drive. 2 CD's are crap...no need to mention.... :(

After reboot and restart of the program only the "R6025" message appears. Program is no longer usable. :(

Why I use it anyway? Because of it's UNICODE abilities.

Unfortunately, I have very little influence on what the burning libraray is doing...this includes the determined speed possibilities. There should be an update available soon though.

For me it's all the same. Versions 4.1.2.67 and 4.1.2.694 will show this error. Even, when I am really doing NOTHING (just opening a .dxp and then waiting...).

Rolling back to 4.0.024.439 works fine for me.

I am using Windows XP Prof. with SP2, most of Security fixes before SP3 and .NET 3.5 with sec. fixes (all in German language)

What i observed is, that saving of .dxp file wil take much much more longer than in version 4.0.024.439. Perhaps there is a bug in?

Regards

THi

well, i have the same problem.

working on XP SP2, .NET 3.5.

using the last Beta Version 4.1.2.694.

it's occurs every time i open an existing compilation, even without doing nothing.

another question, why the verify step took so much time?

until this issue will be fixed, i'll save my compilation as an iso file.

thx in advanced for your efforts.

very much appreciated.

Hello, I have the same problem, but only after I install new version of cdburnerxp (4.1.2.694). I had cdburnerxp (4.1.2.678) and this problem doesn't appears.

Hello all,

I also had this bug several seconds ago.

The bug occurred during a burning process.

It occured on both versions 4.1.2.678 & 4.1.2.694. I tried to install these with or without NMSAccess, but it didn't change anything. (I had to sacrifice 4 DVDs ... :cry: )

I changed two things and the burning (& check, I'm a very careful man :) ) completed successfully. Those are :

• Removing accents from a filename (ê -> e)
    I forgot to choose a volume label (I did choose 'DVD106' for the 4 first DVDs, but the fifth one stayed labeled as 'Disc').

Obviously the bug comes from one of the two things above (With a preference for the first one, I did have some problems at work with ISO & UTF charsets ...)

FYI, I use the French locale, as you may have guessed rrrrrreading me.

[EDIT : The successfully burnt DVD was burnt with version 4.1.2.678.]

[EDIT2 : I'm using Windows Vista SP1 up to date]

HTH,

Hello all,

I also had this bug several seconds ago.

The bug occurred during a burning process.

It occured on both versions 4.1.2.678 & 4.1.2.694. I tried to install these with or without NMSAccess, but it didn't change anything. (I had to sacrifice 4 DVDs ... :cry: )

I changed two things and the burning (& check, I'm a very careful man :) ) completed successfully. Those are :

• Removing accents from a filename (ê -> e)
    I forgot to choose a volume label (I did choose 'DVD106' for the 4 first DVDs, but the fifth one stayed labeled as 'Disc').

Obviously the bug comes from one of the two things above (With a preference for the first one, I did have some problems at work with ISO & UTF charsets ...)

FYI, I use the French locale, as you may have guessed rrrrrreading me.

[EDIT : The successfully burnt DVD was burnt with version 4.1.2.678.]

[EDIT2 : I'm using Windows Vista SP1 up to date]

HTH,

Thralia, I can't even get that far with the new versions. I get the virtual call error either waiting for a file to load or at any time I'm adding files and folders.

Kami

Is there any idea on when a patch will come out to fix this issue? I imagine a good deal of people are running SP3 and are unable to write CDs/DVDs. This is a bug which really takes away complete functionality from this otherwise great application (or at least on the DVD write end.)

This bug can be created easily by picking DVD Data Compilation, renaming the disc label, adding content you wish to write to your DVD, and then burning your DVD normally. This bug occurs for me when trying to write to a DVD-RW.

:(

/dev

Just for the record, I'm having this problem even though I'm using SP2, and with both CD's and DVD's (compiling data for either). Also using .NET Framework 2, after spending 2 weeks with Microsoft re-installing it.

Kami

I'm running SP2 with .NET 3.5. I've never had a problem under .NET 2 and suddenly since the upgrade nothing works. Having destroyed several re-writeables, I have found one workaround that seems to work for me. I've been trying to burn music compilations and it drops out after less than a second with our beloved R6025 error. So I thought I'd try to fool it by creating an ISO from my compilation first (saving it to my desktop as Disc.iso) and then burning it to disc. Low and behold, worked first time.

Very irritating bug in an otherwise cracking piece of software.

Hope this workaround helps someone out.

I confirm I don't have the bug on release 768.

Edit (-2008-07-29-) : I tested on the same platform as before, with same conditions (accents & volume label).

it seems that the bug doesn't appear anymore with 789 version too.

thanks for work and for portable version.

very good software.

So far, so good for me, too. I have to say that I've since learned that when I was getting the R6025 bug, I was having computer system problems. I've been seeing .NET Framework versions mentioned by several posters. I don't know its relationship to burning software, but I hadn't had a working .NET Framework. It's been re-installed and upgraded to V. 3. After installing CDBurner V. 789, I was able to set up and burn a new data compilation. :D

I want to thank the programmers for fixing the date sort in the compilation window. It finally stays as I set it.

But I think the new version has a new bug, which didn't occur in the 4.0.024.439 version. When I select a folder in the compilation window, then select either files or a folder in the Explorer window, and then click Add, the folder/files go to the Root of the compilation, not the folder I selected it to receive the files. This also happens when I select a folder in the compilation window and click Add without selecting a folder in the Explorer window. When I do this, a window opens up letting me select files. When I click on open, the selected files also go to the root of the compilation, not the folder I had highlighted.

Dragging files to the folder works correctly, but doing that repeatedly is a strain on aging hands. :)

I also have a little request: For the reason just given, it would be nice to have a New Folder button among those above the compilation window.

Kami

Thanks for mentioning, I'll fix the bug for the next version. Regarding, the button: I won't add one, but you can use the context menu.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.