Sign in to follow this  
BaRtMaN

Data Label input

Hi!

First of all have to say that CDBurnerXP Pro is a great piece of software and better yet, it's free!

And onto my request. When I burn a DataCD I naturally label it. The label has a maximum of 16 characters but when I type in CDBurner, the input box has no limitation so I can be deceived into thinking the same name will be shown in a file browser, when in reality it's cropped to 16 chars. So... please make a limit for the disc label input box!

The other thing concerning the label inout are 'non-standard' characters, for instance winged characters like ' ć č đ š ž '. When I put one of these into the label, it must not have been burnt in v2.2.9, because the label in Explorer is CD Drive (meaning no label). Support for these characters would be great (they can be found in win-1250, iso-8852-2 encodings). That would be perfect. :wink2:

Hi!

First of all have to say that CDBurnerXP Pro is a great piece of software and better yet, it's free!

And onto my request. When I burn a DataCD I naturally label it. The label has a maximum of 16 characters but when I type in CDBurner, the input box has no limitation so I can be deceived into thinking the same name will be shown in a file browser, when in reality it's cropped to 16 chars. So... please make a limit for the disc label input box!

This is done in the upcoming version 3 :)

The other thing concerning the label inout are 'non-standard' characters, for instance winged characters like ' ć č đ š ž '. When I put one of these into the label, it must not have been burnt in v2.2.9, because the label in Explorer is CD Drive (meaning no label). Support for these characters would be great (they can be found in win-1250, iso-8852-2 encodings). That would be perfect. :wink2:

I will see what can be done...