Sign in to follow this  
lzvk25

[X] Increasingly Slow Verifying Speed

I have been using CDBurnerXP for quite a while in it's different versions, burned hundreds of DVDs and I still love this program, however with this new version, I found this issue.

When I upgraded to version 4.0.024.439 everything was working as expected. But when I installed version 4.1.1.660, I noticed that the verify process was taking longer than usual, in fact, before for a 4 GB Data DVD+R, it took me with version 4.0.024.439 about 16-17 min, but with version 4.1.1.660 it was taking about 19-20 min, ok, no big deal for a couple of minutes.

But now with version 4.1.2.678 it is taking me now about 30-35 minutes to burn the same kind of DVD on the same machine and same settings. So, I looked into the log, and noticed that the burning process was the same, about 10 mins, while the verify process was taking longer with every new version.

So, could someone take a look at this ?

:|

DELL Dimension 9100

Pentium D 3.2 GHz

2 MB RAM

250 GB HD

DVD Writer : Philips DVD+/-RW DVD8701

Nothing has changed in this area. The burning library and thus the code to verify your data is the same as before.

So, is there anything I can do ?

I can't find any usable option or command line parameter that can help me.

I don't think this situation is normal, such a huge difference of DVD verifying time from one version to another, is not something that can be expected much less desirable.

:cry:

Yeah I can confirm this problem it took just five minutes burning a complete dvd on my pc and 20 minutes to verify it!

And I have the latest version

Same here, really slow verification on lastest version. I have Vista Ultimate 64.

EDIT: I tryed with another freeware burning software, same thing... really slow verification. Maybe a bug of Vista then...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.