Sign in to follow this  
beerslayer

Incomplete audio tracks on audio CD

Hi,

I've been using CDBurnerXP for years and until today I've never had a problem that couldn't be resolved with it. But this one has me baffled.

I'm running Vista SP1 on a fairly modern laptop with plenty of RAM, etc. This morning, I decided to upgrade my CDBXP from the 4.0.0.x (don't recall exactly what version I had) to the latest currently available, 4.1.2.678. Upgrade seemed to go fine, without any problem.

Next, I tried to assemble an audio CD exactly as I've done it many times before with the 4.0.0 version of CDBXP: I take the three fairly long .mp3 files (about 24-25 minutes and 3-4 MB each) and use Audacity to convert them to 44.1K bit rate. This results in three new .mp3 files of about 11-12 MB each. I then add these three new .mp3 files to an audio CD compilation and burn them onto a standard CD-R disc.

Only, with the new version of CDBXP, this procedure results in three audio tracks of about 11-12 minutes each. Roughly half of the audio track is completely missing from the audio CD. CDBXP generates NO error message and claims to have completed successfully, and I didn't even notice the problem until I tried to play back the audio CD. Then I tried burning one again and noticed that only about 300MB of data was being written to the audio CD - there should have been about 600-650MB.

The original (converted to 44.1K) .mp3 files are just fine, and play correctly to full length in any player I use them in, so I don't see how they can be part of the problem. This procedure used to work fine with the 4.0.0.x version of CDBXP, so I don't think it's a drive incompatibility either.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for workarounds?

Guest zrxcts

I had the same problem using the version I downloaded today. I was attempting to burn a single track cd of about 29:30 that was edited on Audacity first in .wav and then in .mp3. Format didn't matter neither would burn the full 29:30. Fiddling around I burned 6 cd's none would go past 14:15.

Any idea when this problem will be fixed?

Great burner otherwise.

david

Such problems are known and will hopefully be fixed very soon.

I hope so! I love CDBurnerXP and would hate to have to start trying to find something else I can rely on instead, but this bug is obviously a show-stopper for me and makes the program pretty much useless for my needs.

Is there any information I can provide that might help you track this problem down and fix it?