Sign in to follow this  
motionman95

CD Burner XP Freezes momentarily

Every time I launch the program, and even after that, it will freeze, then unfreeze, and then repeats continually. But there is enough time between the freezing for me to use the program, although this bug is very aggravating.

Please help, anyone who does is greatly appreciated! :D

On my PC it freezes for a about 5 seconds as soon as I start the program or click on any button within the program whether there is a media in the drive or not and this has been happening with all CD Burner XP versions. I am running win Xp with 2 gig ram.

Hm. The posts misteriously disappeared after the server crash, so once more:I have the same issue. But it occurs only with the SATA drive. My question is: can't the disc checking be just be disabled (in options: Do not search for inserted media or something)?

CdBurnerXP 4.2.4 1235 will freeze with a media inserted until it is removed again! Another abrevation of the same bug!? I am running WinXP Pro SP3 on a GA-MA78GM-SH2 Board with an GSA-4040B DVDRAM drive.

Guest crova

I have the same issue on Vista.. when I launch CDBXP it takes too long to respond and when finally ready, it freezes for some seconds when I point the mouse over the Menu bar especially ://

Guest Lykatnet

Got the same problem. I think it started when I recently upgraded to latest version (earlier I was using 4.1.x). I've a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191A connected using PATA.

Guest lykatnet
Got the same problem. I think it started when I recently upgraded to latest version (earlier I was using 4.1.x). I've a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191A connected using PATA.

Windows XP Home, SP3.

I'd like to confirm this behaviour. Program UI very slowly responds for events. For example when menu item is selected or button clicked it usually takes 1-5 seconds to see the effect what makes the program unusable.

My OS is Vista Business SP1 on Toshiba laptop. I tried versions: 4.2.4.1272, 4.2.1.950, 4.1.2.787 with exactly the same result.

Guest Gadd

I can also confirm this behavior with a few last versions on both Vista & Windows 7. Program is practically unusable because every task lasts forever.... What seems to be the problem and when can we expect the fix? Until then, i'll try some older versions to see which one works the best.

So far I haven't found any rule when UI chokes. On my laptop there is a dvd-drive silencer application from Toshiba, I disabled it but without success.

I have installed the version you provided. It is somehow better. Menu works fine now. But still, when I press for example 'I' icon (about the program) it requires around 7 seconds to show, and about 5 seconds to close. But to be precise, the time is indeterministic: sometimes it open instantly. The same applies for example to 'preferences' dialog.

Still, when the program is started, I choose data-cd and then the program needs around 30-40 seconds to display explorer-like windows where compilation is edited.

Thanks for quick responce anyway :)

Marcin

Until now I have done:

• [*:1wh4itwz] changed drive letter from z: to e:,
    [*:1wh4itwz] installed cdbxp without nms service.

Neither helped. If I have any more ideas, i will check.

Guest Gadd

With this latest version on Win7 program seems to be a bit faster, but that's still not fast enough for normal usage. For example, opening Data compilation or Audio disk creation is still very, very slow, and menu icons doesn't appear until moving a pointer over them. System resources, meaning CPU (Intel C2D E6750) and RAM (2GB DDR2), are both at very low usage while loading those tasks.... Btw, burner is Pioneer 216DBK.

Hello again,

Here is what i found. When I inserted blank cd-r into the drive first, then run cdbxp, then I had to wait only one or two seconds between clicking OK in 'Action Selection' dialog and moment when those exlorer-like windows showed up. Looks like everything works smooth.

When cdbxp starts without media in the drive it becomes slowyyyyyy. But process explorer does not indicate any cpu usage.

Would you like me to email to you the Sysinternals Process Monitor dump for cdbxp process for the latter case? Or any screen capture?

My drive is MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880AS. This is what windows says.

Yup, this version is faster but still not as fast as with media inside the drive. Now it needs about 10 seconds to get ready since OK in the 'Action selection' dialog.

Today I made a try on my office computer and without any dics in drive it worked with exactly same speed as my personal computer with disc inserted.

But we have a progress :)

Another idea: http://cdburnerxp.se/downloads/Explorer-demo.zip

Does this open slowly? (only check when you open it the second time, to rule out delays because of missing cache etc)

If so, maybe the problem lies not within CDBXP itself but within the explorer controls. In this case, we can probably find a solution because the LogicNP guys are quite cooperative.