Sign in to follow this  
beckfield

Any files added causes "data exceeds available space"

This problem occurs with DeepBurner as well as CDBurnerXP, so I'm guessing it isn't CDBXP's problem, but I'm hoping I can get some advice here.

I have a system with a Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D311 ATA drive, and <> Vista Ultimate with SP1. I'm trying to copy my digital photos to DVD, but adding even one file in CDBXP (or DeepBurner) causes the program to tell me that the data exceeds the available space. If I let Windows burn the files, it works just fine, albeit gawdawful slowly.

Is something in Vista hanging on to the device, and not letting other applications access it to write? Some service, maybe?

Has anyone heard of this? Any advice appreciated.

Tried a firmware update of your drive?

A good suggestion, but there doesn't appear to be one available for Vista. All the firmware updates for this model specify Windows versions up to XP. The XP one may work, but given Vista's reputation, I'm leery of it.

Thanks,

Ken