Sign in to follow this  
rspann

Install time errors - Cannot create REG entry NMSAccess ...?

During install of the new 4.1.2 version, whether I still have 4.0 installed (or I've removed it 1st) - I get an error; I can 'ignore' and it installs rightly, but I'd like to kill the stop-error. I have tried fiddling with the sub-applets nms_start.bat, nms_stop.bat, and nmsaccessU.exe -- but I still get the error during install:

Error creating registry key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSEt001\Servcie\NMSAccess

RegCreateKeyEX failed; code 5.

Access is denied

Any ideas of how to make my installer run successfully without error..??

My username IS in the administrators group; and that REG-key does already exist.

No, it's not a serious issue, it does install anyway- but ... I'm packaging it for internal downloads/installs, and I cannot have an error popping up in it for the many users who would get it from our D/L server.

Well, when I sign on as the actual 'Administrator' - the error does not happen; but that doesn't help me in a build-install-package. nor does this happen on all machines. We're just going to hold up on packaging this new version, and point users to the built-in 'update' function within CDB. Even when using that built-in update, this small error still happens, but at least we won't get Help tickets for them, if we don't supply the build-package.