Sign in to follow this  
FLIER

Disc tray leaves locked after writing

Hi to all!

I've noticed a bug that CDBurnerXP doesn't ejects disc after writing (option to eject it after write is checked). You can browse it by any program as normally but disc tray leaves locked, can unlock it only after reboot (or hibernating).

Version 4.1.2.694

I have the same problem. Problem occured some time ago, first it was two or three cases which I ignored. But know it happens every time and to be frank is quite annoying. I must reboot the computer to have my CD-R back and burn another one.

Win XP SP3, CD Burner XP 4.2.2.984 (latest version, as I believe?)

PC isn't an outstanding machine but works stable and it's well-tried (AMD Duron 700MHz, 512MB, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D)

Same problem here also. It happens almost everytime I burn a disc. Usually I can open the tray but I cannot close the programm after that. It just freezes. Cannot even be closed by the Taskmanager (CTRL+ALT+DEL). I have to hard reset the computer. Annoying, really. I am just going through the forum waiting for a solution to be found. It's a pity as I liked CDBurnerXP but meanwhile I stopped using it.

PS: WinXP SP3, BitDefender antivirus 2008, Outpost firewall 3.51. Very stable PC, no errors in the event viewer, never freezes, never BSOD, etc. :firefox:

I'm also having similiar problems. When I first installed the program it was was working fine the drive was connected and everything. Then it just froze in the middle of reading the disk. That or I might've done something wrong in the processing. So I just went to task manager, ended the task at which point it asked me if I would want to restart or close the program all together but that obviously took forever. Any suggestions?