Sign in to follow this  
szc333

Default write speed setting option

I really don't want to burn the dvd's at max speed as its more likely to produce burn errors. But If there was an option for selecting a default speed in the options tab there would be no need to change the speed every time.

This option eliminates need to set the speed every time and there is a problem of not able to continue session when I select the "let me choose advanced settings" options during the burn. I have unselected finalize disc and selected session at once even then I have not been able to continue the session. I have wasted already about 10GB of space on dvds.

So if a default speed setting option can be set I can choose the leave disc open option and continue sessions. Or atleast if this is not feasible or is too much trouble it should allow us to select the burn speed before burning the dvds instead of directly assuming the highest speed and proceeding with the burn.Don't ya think?

If you choose a different speed other than the default one, it will be saved and restored the next time you burn a disc. I don't see a problem with that.

I did try that but it didn't work. :(

I set it to 8x after i chose the let me choose the advanced settings. But the next time I selected the leave the disc open it burnt the dvd at 16x.

Maybe it was a bug in the older version?! I just got the updated one and I haven't tried that yet.

I agree that this should be a setting you can select *before* burning. It makes no sense to only allow the user to change the speed *after* the burn is completed.

If the always show all burn speeds lets you set the speed before burning that's great. I haven't tried with this option turned on yet.

This is really pissing me off. I've wasted many discs now because I'm not allowed to change the speed setting!!

Time to look for an alternative burner that gives us the controls needed to perform the task.

I checked the help. It brought me here, where there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to tell us how to set the default write speed before burning.

"or just ask" - yes, we're here asking.

Guest skuly

Oh and there is no "Override speed detection" check box just "number of copies" where it should be in the image on that page

Guest Dlane
I checked the help. It brought me here, where there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to tell us how to set the default write speed before burning.

"or just ask" - yes, we're here asking.

"pgm always defaults to 40x, but my writer is only an 8x, why can't I change the default speed and save it?"

The default write speed is remembered by default. If it does not work for you, describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

This doesn't work.  I want every one of my CDs to burn at 8x but I have to change it from 48x every time I start a 'burn'.  I'm not alone looking at these forums.  I have the latest version.  Thanks.

What happens if you just open the burn dialog, set the speed you like and then close (cancel) and re-open it? Does it remember the speed?