Sign in to follow this  
src2206

CDBurner XP can not leave a Disc Open

Hello

I have tried twice to burn a DATA DVD using CDBurne XP's latest version.

First Try: I used Advanced Setting and chose to keep the disc open. I have also unchecked the option "Finalize Disc". but the resultant disc containing three files of total about 2.1GB in size was not open. I also checked the Disc Information tool available in the CDBurner XP.

Second Try: This time I choose the first option in the "How Do you Want to Burn The Disc" screen, that is "Leave Disc Open". but tis time also the Disc was finalized by CDBurnerXP.

Please tell me what is wrong and how can I fix it. :(

Just to add: I did untick the "Finalise Disc" option. I believe the bug is in the choice. Even though Session at once is selected, CDBXP automatically keep the "Finalise Disc" box ticked. So even though the choice is removed manually, actually the choice remains active inherently.

Hope this helps....and hope to see a fix soon. :(

This is not so much a problem, since it is automatically unselected if you choose "leave disc open". At some point it might sense to finalise a session-at-once disc.

This is not so much a problem, since it is automatically unselected if you choose "leave disc open". At some point it might sense to finalise a session-at-once disc.

There is one problem if I select that option- then I can not choose the burn speed and CDBXP automatically chooses the highest available speed for the blank media. Anyway, as I said this also does not solve the problem of automatically finalization of the disc even though it is selected to be kept open. :(

Hello Flo

There is something that I have found out in relation with the problem that I started my thread with. Let me tell you for sure that the problem was not a Bug in CDBXP. Accidentally I found out that it was caused because of the driver stpd.sys which get installed with Virtual Drive Creating software like DAEMON TOOLS. As I removed the driver using an uninstaller available from the site of its manufacturer, the problem got resolved instantly. Moreover, the discs which were earlier shown as closed by CDBXP and other burning software were actually open and I was able to add more data actually to the discs.

Hope this info helps you.