I've used CDBurnerXP on all my Windows computers with few if any problems, but on my new(ish) laptop I recently installed it and am having trouble burning, maybe some issues with the burner's driver and compatability? The laptop has a Matshita UJ-842, which appears to be a 24/16/24 drive from what I have found, but during a CD copy (I haven't tried any other burning yet) CDBurnerXP detects 63x, 47x and 31x speeds as well as some at and under 24x (which the drive should support). When I try to copy a CD (I've tried selecting both 16x and 24x burn speeds), it extracts the image pretty fast, about the speed I would expect (2-4.5 minutes depending on length), but when it starts to burn it takes forever, 17-25 minutes depending on length. The drive doesn't even make the spinup sound at all, just sounds like it's in there barely spinning the whole time. Morover, if I try to copy another CD without closing the program, the extraction will take forever too. I have not had the patience to let it sit for more than about 8 minutes, so I don't know if this second copy will even finish or not.

Has anyone had any of these problems or have suggestions for me?

Thanks,

--Jason

• 3 weeks later...