Sign in to follow this  
dfahren

CDBurnerXP does not write CD-RWs

Hi there,

I have a problem with the combo CDBurnerXP V4.1.2.768 and my DVD burner SonyNec Optiarc AD-7203S (it is a SATA drive using original Microsoft drivers, firmware rev. 1.06). CDBurnerXP recognizes my drive and I can choose an ISO image to burn. Burning process starts but actually hangs after the first two steps. There is no burning whatsoever. In fact CDBurnerXP is able to crash the DVD burner completely (CDBurnerXP also stops from responding and I have to kill it using the task manager). I have to plug my computer off the power grid completely to reactivate my DVD burner.

Does anybody have a solution to this issue?

Thanks and best wishes,

Dietrich

I think you will find it is the drive not the software - I pulled the exact same model out of one of my machines recently as it was a total brick.

You could try finding a firmware upgrade but I would save the hassle and replace the drive. If it is a new retail drive send it back to the shop and change it for another model.

Same story with Nero (boo!), ImgBurn (sorry didn't mean to swear), and inbuilt MS rubbish... it's the drive...