Sign in to follow this  
CdnGhost

Installing CDBurnerXP Pro for the first time

The software would appear to be precisely what I'm looking for however, as I've only been on the Internet a little over 16 months there are many things with which I have no experience.

Do you suggest that I uninstall my current software for writing ISO files to CD as a readable image file: ISO Recorder Power Toy? Further is your compession software any better, i.e., faster than the resident software with Windows XP HE?

For a time I had been using Handybits Zip'n'Go. Unfortunately, though fast whether the task be compression or extraction it is fraut, as you are no doubt aware, with extemporaneous software which seems to be designed solely for the purpose of making everyone's life just a little bit worse. Correction: make that, a lot worse.

The software would appear to be precisely what I'm looking for however, as I've only been on the Internet a little over 16 months there are many things with which I have no experience.

Do you suggest that I uninstall my current software for writing ISO files to CD as a readable image file: ISO Recorder Power Toy?

If CDBurnerXP Pro fits all your needs, I think there is no use of another software to be installed, better save your disc space etc. ;)

But if you ask because of conflicts that could occur, then you don#t have to uninstall it, because there are no conflicts between CDBXPP and other programs

Further is your compession software any better, i.e., faster than the resident software with Windows XP HE?

I don't think that there is any compression at all (both in XP and CDBXPP) but I suggest that burning an ISO file with CDBXPP is better than with XP (because all build-in programs in XP are usually bad).

For a time I had been using Handybits Zip'n'Go. Unfortunately, though fast whether the task be compression or extraction it is fraut, as you are no doubt aware, with extemporaneous software which seems to be designed solely for the purpose of making everyone's life just a little bit worse. Correction: make that, a lot worse.

What has ZIP'n'Go to do with ISO burning?

What has ZIP'n'Go to do with ISO burning?

It's a bit convoluted but the first instance where I had to take a compressed file and turn it into something else---which wasn't usuable as is; ISO files do require additional work---also required that I find something to open a compressed file.

Generally I can no longer lay claim to being a neophyte and, yet, here, I am. I'm not making excuses...exactly...but I've only been on the Net since 16 March 2003.

I ran up against a problem I couldn't puzzle out for myself but knew someone who might be able to steer me in the right direction. He gave me HandyBits software. What'd I know? Messed up my 'puter so then I joined a help group and they directed me here.

It's the only answer I've got.

Now all I have to do is fix the burner. Wish it used Nero software but it doesn't. :?

If this post is posted incorrectly, I apologize. Your format, around here, is unlike anything I've ever encountered thus far.

So...what exactly do you want to do with CDBurnerXP Pro? You can create and burn ISO files (as well as burn CDs). That's it.

If you want to create some compressed files, you should use other programs like IZArc, ZipGenius (I personally don't like it, but others may do so),7zip, etc.