Sign in to follow this  
Guest mucci

burning DVD for older diskdrives with version 4

Guest mucci

Hi there,

before I installed the latest version 4 of cdburner, I can remember there was a feature to make DVDs compatible to older DVD-drives. You had to burn a minimum of 1 GB data.

This feature is now missing, so I have problems to read my recently burnt DVDs on older disk-drives (the older ones are still ok). Everything went smoothly with the earlier version.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this feature hidden somewhere? Does it not exist anymore? What can I do? Who can help me?

Thanks for elp in advance,

mucci

Guest mucci

Thank you for your very quick answer!

It is a rather disapointing answer though. If half the people I am working with can't read the DVDs I am burning, it makes your software useless. Very sad, because I liked this product. Is the old version 3 still available? Maybe I have to buy Nero ...

Thanks again,

mucci

Guest mucci

Thank you again for your very quick answer!

You seem to work early (5:13 am!). This is realy one of the very few forums, where you get a competent answer almost immediately!

Thank you for the link. I'll try to install both versions paralell on my computer. Are there any problems to expect?

It is surprising how many old DVD-drives are still in use:

- I have a old PC (ca. 6 years with Win2000, DVD-Player added a couple of years later) which serves as fileserver in my home network (it can read the DVD with "high compatibility")

- my laptop from office (ca. 4 years, WinXP), which doesn't even read the DVDs with "high compatibility" (version 3)

- a friends APPLE-PC (at home) with a software to make it compatible to windows, which doesn't work

- all Win-PCs in this friends office, where he took my DVD to try if any DVD-drive can read it.

Maybe you can bring back the option "high compatibility" in version 5 ...

Thanks again!

mucci

Guest mucci

Hallo Flo,

small addition to my previous postings:

the DVD-drive in my old PC (which can read DVDs burnt with option "high compatibility" of version 3) is a Plextor CD-R PX 320A. This drive is listet in your list of compatible drives, but it can definitively NOT read DVDs, burnt with version 4. Maybe you ought to eliminate this drive from your list.

Thanks, mucci

On this list are only drives which were successfully detected, and they are all sent in by our users. I don't edit this list manually.

Guest mucci

Thanks!

Same applies to the drive in my office laptop: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N is listet as well. I am sure, both drives were testet successfully with earlier versions, but don't work with the latest version 4 anymore. Can I do anything to help you with the list? Maybe one could add a date to the list, when a drive was successfully testet, and info about the version used for the test.

Cheers, mucci