Sign in to follow this  
jdhupp

Manually edit compilation file and use wildcards?

For a backup job, I want a compilation that includes several folders and whatever files and sub-folders are in them. When I open the compilation file to burn the disc, 1) I would not like CDB to note for me that some files in the compilation are missing on the hard drive, and 2) I would like it to update the compilation to include files and folders that have been added to the folder tree.

I realize that I can probably get what I want by using the command line with cdbxpcmd.exe, but can I also accomplish my goals by manually editing a saved compilation file and using wildcards? If so, is there a way to denote "all sub-folders and files"?

It could be seen as a new feature request then, a new selection mode. (Granted then, as such it belongs in a different forum.) The current selection mode is "I want this particular file, this one, that one, this one here, etc." Which is to say, the compilation file is a list of every specific file to be burned. But one could have other selection modes: "all DOC files which are or will later be in this folder" or "every folder and file which are or will later be in this folder tree."

Needless to say, I'm grateful for the program as-is, and happy that I'll probably be able to do what I want via the command line. I'm just talking about something else I would like the GUI version to do!

I've thought about it more and yield to the developer's design here. We're talking, after all, about the interactive GUI mode. I was asking for the kind of behavior you'd look for at the command line.

But speaking (off-topic) about the command line: I would like it to do a Verify after a burn. Can I make it do that somehow? The Command Line Arguments PDF doesn't document an argument for that.

But speaking (off-topic) about the command line: I would like it to do a Verify after a burn. Can I make it do that somehow? The Command Line Arguments PDF doesn't document an argument for that.

Nope, that's not yet possible. You'll find it in the change log of the next version I I decide to add it. It's no big deal actually, extending the command line version is comparatively simple.